CLEAR makes life easier & more secure by using biometrics your fingerprints, eyes & face to confirm that you are you, & keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports & other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation & more with CLEAR.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, were working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
Were looking for a Vice President that will own Security Operations, partner effectively across the organization, & champion security initiatives. In this role, you will lead the team that is responsible for incident response, providing both overall strategy as well as day-to-day hands on operational oversight, investigation & escalation of events & incident triage.
What You Will Do:
- Champion security initiatives & help drive operational implementations.
- Mentor & supervise junior staff
- Senior Leader in the Austin office responsible for driving CLEAR culture, building relationships & our employer brand within the Austin tech community.
- Triage & investigate security incidents
- Own, mature & lead Security Operations & Security Incident Response capability.
- Develop metrics & repeatable templates to keep a finger on the pulse of the organizations threat posture & threat landscape.
- Actively lead CLEARs continuous improvement efforts in Security Operations, such as SIEM to SOAR & detection parity with MITRE ATT&CK, OWASP & related frameworks,
- Work cross functionally with security engineering & Cloud Infrastructure teams to influence security roadmap.
- Provide updates for Senior Leadership on Security Landscape & Security Operations Program. At the direction of the CSO, prepare updates & threat reports for the Board of Directors.
- Provide oversight, leadership & ongoing coaching to the Security Operations team.
- Improve security posture by ensuring timely event handling & reduction of the potential for future events
- Act as an IR lead throughout incident scenarios & provide subject matter expertise in cybersecurity incident response.
- Responsible for the successful execution of incident handling procedures as well as a direct response to security incidents.
- Keeping finger on the pulse of risks, threats, attacks & communicated on a frequent basis. Develop & track security metrics across the organization
- Collaborate across teams to ensure compliance with cybersecurity policies & developing reporting metrics to communicate the efficacy of tools & programs.
Who You Are:
- A thought leader in modern security operations
- 8+ years security operations experience with extensive practical experience leading security operations teams at scale.
- Can balance being collaborative, open, & approachable while still being firm on security policies & in facilitating progress & compromise.
- Strong ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization; able to gain the trust of stakeholders.
- Defending organizations regulated under NIST 800-53, PCI, & HIPAA Controls
- Defended Cloud-Native organizations using cloud-first infrastructure tools i.e.Kubernetes, Docker, & serverless infrastructure .
- AWS expertise, specifically in how these environments are attacked, protected etc. Strong knowledge of IAM, Crypto/PKI.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical findings or information to non-technical & executive audiences.
- Believe any process that is repeated may be a candidate for automation
- Strong knack for defining processes & working with cross-functional teams
- Process mapping, data-flow diagrammingDesign automated Security Operation & Security Incident Response Processes"
- Comfortable with scripting in Python
- Deep knowledge of logging & data toolsets (Splunk, ELK, Syslog-ng)
- Experience utilizing NIST & MITRE frameworks as an operational lens
- Background in running security operations for consumer facing application
- OSCP Preferred