Dig is seeking a Senior Manager of Public Relations to build out our external communications function. Through your network of media relationships & an eye for strategic storytelling, youll build awareness & understanding of Digs brand & business in the world.
At Dig, were rebuilding the food system. You can help us do it.
- Serve as a communications expert with strong media relationships in consumer, business & food media.
- Lead communications, campaign planning, messaging, strategy & execution to build Digs brand awareness through the media.
- Be a strong partner to our cross-functional teams, working collaboratively to find meaningful stories to tell from across the organization.
- Support PR agency briefing, management & evaluation, as needed.
- Develop media-driving programs that allow people to experience Digs brand & purposeful work.
- Prepare leaders & subject matter experts for interviews & speaking engagements for maximum results, including media training as needed.
- Research, write & distribute communication campaigns to targeted media.
- Manage crisis/issues management as needed.
- Minimum 8 years experience in the field.
- Excellent network of media relationships & agency partners.
- The ability to think strategically & creatively to connect the business to the world at large.
- The capability to build a new function. Youre self-motivated & can operate easily with little direction.
- Youre able to work at a strategic level, but youre equally as happy getting your hands dirty.
- Strong communication skills & the ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Curiosity about the world, food & people.
Work perks:Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook + Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership plan, based on availability
- Flexible vacation time
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (theyre amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.