Fastly helps the worlds most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, & scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, & scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, & The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester As more & more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking & cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
Were building a better Internet. Come join us.
Senior Growth Strategy Manager
As a Sr Growth Strategy Manager, you will conduct analysis & drive insights relating to the overall growth strategy for Fastly, working closely with team members & leaders across the company to answer complex questions & support our strategic planning.
What You'll Do
- Conduct research on market & industry trends, identify market dynamics, analyze customer segmentation & its impact to Fastlys market position
- Help create business cases for product strategy initiatives, with a focus on emerging market trends & opportunity sizing
- Identify, research, & evaluate threats & opportunities to our long-term growth plan
- Partner with Product, Sales, Marketing & Finance Leadership to provide forward looking analysis to drive roadmaps & investments
- Lead & collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement & execute on growth initiatives
- Own win/loss process, execution & analysis, synthesizing results to help steer GTM initiatives
- Maintain a strong understanding of the market & competitive landscape as well as Fastlys customer base, to discover core patterns that encourage growth
- Provide visibility into growth strategies by developing & maintaining processes. Organize exec reviews & presentations for groups at Fastly
What We're Looking For
- 5+ yrs experience in strategic development, market strategy or product strategy roles at highly technical or enterprise companies; 3+ years of management consulting experience working with technology companies
- MBA preferred. Or degree in Business, Finance/Accounting, or Econometrics
- Knows where/how to dig to answer ad-hoc questions to inform business decisions.
- Enjoys diving deep into research & knows how to manage & process multiple layers of data & information
- A strategic & analytical thinker, with the ability to look into the details & interpret the impact of key industry drivers. Superior problem solving & decision-making skills coupled with strong business acumen
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, including sharing ideas & information across diverse audiences & producing high-quality deliverables in order to drive business decisions. Confident & able to be influential & assertive.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities & make ongoing decisions. Proven ability to break down complex problems into manageable goals.
- High level of integrity & professional judgment, with the ability to effectively manage highly sensitive, confidential information.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Microsoft PowerPoint
- Comfortable working with data tools like Google Analytics, DOMO
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what they are passionate about.
Were always looking for humble, sharp, & creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity & to providing employees with a safe & welcoming work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.