Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, & enterprise knowledge sharing.
Stack Overflow is seeking a Senior Manager to lead the development of our events strategy. This individual will manage all aspects of Stack Overflows presence at conferences & own events for clients & prospects. The ideal candidate has robust event management experience & an entrepreneurial mindset.
The role offers the opportunity to build an events practice within a growing team. While the senior manager will start as an individual contributor, they will grow their team over time.
What youll do:
- Develop a strategy to generate revenue & create lead flow by sponsoring conferences & curating events & experiences.
- Partner with the Product Marketing & Content teams to produce on-site experiences that resonate with our prospects & clients across all three lines-of-business.
- Manage the operational & logistical aspects of events including budget management, data analysis, vendor management.
- Work with internal stakeholders (execs, Design, Sales, etc.) to refine conference / event workflows within our three lines-of-business.
What you need to have:
- 5+ years of work experience in events or conferences, with experience in the technology sector preferred.
- Experience setting an events strategy for a company, team, department or product, & a proven ability to set mechanisms for tracking & measuring ROI.
- Robust event & project management skills including knowledge of event logistics (including but not limited to conference sponsorships, live events, & internal events).
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as superior written & oral communication skills.
- Strong interest in leading commercial negotiations & driving financial performance.
- An incredible attention to detail.
- Empathy for, & understanding of, developers (how they think, work, learn, communicate, & find jobs).
- Familiarity with developer & technology conferences all over the world as well as cutting-edge content marketing practices.
- Experience working closely with international offices & colleagues
What youll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, & free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.