What you'll do
The Category Manager Home Health, is the business owner of an assortment of Health products across the suite of Walmart US eCommerce websites including Walmart.com & Jet.com. Your ultimate goal is to oversee a team to expand your business, grow profitably, & make our sites the most compelling destination online to shop your assortment. This position reports to the Director of Health.
Challenges youll be tackling
Own the Home Health business end to end across all our eCommerce brands: You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmarts eCommerce brands (Walmart.com, Jet) & be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, & pricing.
Develop & manage relationships with vendor partners & cross functional teams. You will become become an expert in the products, jointly create campaigns, & empower suppliers & your team to optimize their business on our sites.
Managing & inspire a team of category experts: You will be a part of hiring, managing & inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within Health & allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels. Your category specialists will be mini-GMs, & you will manage them & ensure they are helping you build our Home Health experience!
In this position you will
- Own category financial targets & KPIs (e.g. sales & margin), & identify (and execute upon)
levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve & elevate the categorys assortment strategy through in-market expertise and
identifying assortment gaps & opportunities
- Optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors & third-party retailers
- Work with planning & supply chain partners to manage owned inventory in your category
- Own vendor relationships, including negotiating product costs & supplier funding
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation & catalog data, & drive requirements into the search
and browse experience Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing & creative teams on category messaging
- Manage & inspire a team of category specialists & experts
This is the right position for you
- If you like owning something & being accountable for its outcomes
- If you can drive results & solve problems in fun & creative ways
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward
- If you want to run your own company one day
- 6+ years of proven experience in retail; eCommerce experience preferred
- 3+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Strong analytical skillset; ability to identify relevant data sources & extract insights from data
- Sound commercial acumen; track record of developing & executing strategies aligned to business goals, & taking calculated risks while appropriately managing trade-offs
- Proven track record of establishing & developing business relationships, & in complex negotiation