MakeSpace is looking for a 3-6 month Contract Senior Full-Stack Engineer to help us scale our products & join our BizOps team. We just raised $55 million in Series E funding to help make space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience & full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
Were looking for a talented Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our technology team. Youll be working on a team of engineers & will help us scale our product capabilities & business in cities across North America. You will work directly with our Staff Engineer & Engineering Site Lead to build structures & processes.
You can expect to:
- Write, test, document & deploy Python & React code that ensures the integrity of our operations & unique user experience.
- Create, review & optimize relational database operations in our applications.
- Design, create & deliver new system solutions by collaborating with other teams
- Write code that will perform efficiently & accurately in an asynchronous architecture.
- Design & update RESTful APIs & their documentations.
- Work on internal web tools that are crucial to our Operations Team.
- Collaborate with our world-class design & engineering teams to create the best UX we can offer.
- Our stack includes: Python, Django, React, Redux, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Redis application running on Amazon AWS maintained with Docker & Ansible.
- Youve guided at least three unique products through various phases of growth & inflection at different companies.
- You are a senior full-stack engineer & strive to have a large impact on your team & the company through your product contributions.
- Youre motivated by a desire for involvement in product definition.
- You continually learn & strive towards being the best software engineer you can be. This includes having an impact & learning : reading & writing blogs, participating in meetups, speaking, open-source contributions sharing via brownbags etc.
- Deep competence in Python & ReactJS; Or at least in either if you can demonstrate quickly learning a new programming stack.
- Experience in one other programming paradigm - the JVM or a distributed systems language.
- Competence in asynchronous communications patterns such as via RabbitMQ or other methods, caching via Redis, & AWS deployments & services.
- You have a willingness to learn, teach & step outside of your comfort zone.
- An interest in finding tangible solutions to Logistics & Transportation problems that help drive positive customer experiences.