Genius is looking for an iOS Engineer to architect & implement new features on iOS. Were looking for makers with a sophisticated code sense: folks whove built cool things, but who can also maintain & scale those things, & who feel at home deep in the guts of a library.
The best candidates will have professional experience on an iOS app serving a large volume of users, will be proficient with Objective C & Swift, & have some experience with the core technologies we use (Auto Layout, AVKit, & Realm).
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, & the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com & everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, & more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, & the biggest names in musicincluding Frank Ocean, Lorde, & Cardi Bcome to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
To learn more check out our sizzle, & follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, & Youtube.
- Build & maintain Geniuss iOS application features while working with core libraries & frameworks including Auto Layout, AVKit, & Realm
- Create reliable, crash-free releases on a repeatable & regular schedule
- Work closely with the full stack team to build features based on our API, & to plan for future API improvements
- Work closely with other engineers to define feature specifications & craft unique & beautiful user experiences
- At least 3 years professional iOS development experience
- Proficiency with Objective C, Swift
- Knowledge of, & passion for mobile app best practices
- Have personally published or worked on at least one application on iOS App Store
Some example projects to help you demonstrate your interest in the kind of work we do at Genius include, but are far from limited to:
- Build a system which fetches data & stores it in the database of your choice (Realm is preferred)
- Create a layout which scales across a wide range of devices using size classes & auto layout
- Make a player which plays music using Apple Music
- Write a SiriKit integration that controls your music
- Build an app that lets the user explore their music library using collection views & grid layouts