Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Director of Special Projects to join our Medicare team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
In this role youll work with our General Manager & other operational leaders across the organization to run, scale, & operationalize our Medicare business more effectively. You will report into the General Manager of Medicare Advantage.
- Own key projects & operations specific to our Medicare Advantage product
- Build comprehensive understanding of department functions & assist with organizational design
- Support new market entries (including working with partners) and/or other implementations
- Drive departmental efficiencies through process improvements & workflow optimization
- Manage critical department processes
- Supervise all change management related to organizational redesign & transformations inclusive of all implementation & communication plans
- Aggregate, evaluate & track functional vitals & KPIs
- Create department budget & monitor ongoing usage for all subdivisions
- Advise & recommend critical business decisions to drive impactful outcomes
- Provide leverage by ranking competing priorities, creating decision-making frameworks & allocating critical tasks
- Provide program leadership on critical cross-functional efforts
- Undertake ad-hoc projects
- BA/BS Degree
- 10+ years of experience in a program management, operational or advisory role
- 5+ years of experience working with Medicare Advantage products
- Experience working with JV partners
- Experience supporting executive leadership & driving interdepartmental collaboration
- Experience leading business critical, cross-functional initiatives to completion
- Experience presenting to & communicating with a variety of stakeholders at varying levels
- Experience working in a high growth organization
- MBA or other advanced degree
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.