Since 2010, Birchbox has redefined the way people discover & shop for beauty & grooming by pairing a monthly subscription of handpicked, customized samples with relevant content & a curated e-commerce shop.
Birchboxs trailblazing subscription concept has continued to innovate. Today, it speaks directly to an otherwise-overlooked, underserved consumera consumer who Birchbox calls "The Casual Consumer. Casual Consumers are not passionate about beauty, & want a simple, personalized way to explore, buy, & use beauty. They want it to be easy, effective, funand they expect the same things of their beauty products. Birchbox is the destination for all who identify as Beauty Casual.
As Birchbox continues to innovate, the women-founded-and-run company is eagerly working to become a leader in industry-wide efforts toward greater sustainability & racial equity. Birchbox operates in three countries, & reaches more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 300 best-in-class prestige brand partners.
Visit www.birchbox.co.uk & birchbox.es for a forever useful, always delightful beauty experience.
Birchbox is seeking an experienced Marketing Director with strong digital marketing expertise to lead Marketing across the UK, Ireland & Spain.
The Marketing Director owns cross-channel marketing strategy as well as day-to-day execution. This role reports to the European Managing Director & manages a Marketing team of around 12 people across content, paid media, & performance marketing. As the EU Marketing leader, the Marketing Director will coach team members to ensure effective day to day execution & will contribute to the career development & growth of their team members.
The Marketing Director is responsible for owning Brand Marketing & developing the strategy & tactics to become increasingly relevant in our Spain & United Kingdom markets.
- Define & manage cross-channel digital marketing strategy, including: optimising paid performance, monitoring cost per acquisition (CPA), budget across social, pay per click (PPC), retargeting, affiliates, customer relationship management (CRM), etc.
- Define our content strategy with the team to deliver a full-funnel approach to the customer experience, driving our mid-long & short-term goals.
- Oversee CRM strategy & performance, including: subscriber acquisition, retention, ecommerce activation, loyalty program, lead generation, on-site assets, & marketing copy
- Manage & oversee PR, Business Development, Marketing, Editorial. Collaborate on the production of engaging content to build brand engagement & drive demand for our products & services.
- Strategize, budget & develop select offline campaigns (out of home OOH, metro, TV, press advertising, radio, etc.) to meet targets through full funnel management
- Define & implement initiatives that extend the lifetime value (LTV) & retention of current & potential customers by using analysis of customer cohorts through data-driven decision tests
- Measure, test, analyse, & report weekly & monthly customer acquisition, sales, CPA, & return of investment of new initiatives, as well as qualitative information to fuel continuous improvement (using Google Analytics, SQL, Magento)
- With our eshop Manager & in partnership with the European MD & our global Finance team , forecast & reforecast subscriber growth & ecommerce sales.
- University degree or equivalent experience and/or education
- Fluent in Spanish & English
- 5-10+ years of experience in digital marketing for ecommerce business (Cosmetics and/or fashion experience is a plus)
- Experience managing a large marketing budget & optimising CPA across paid channels
- Experience with subscription business model companies, understanding LTV, retention, activation & cohort analysis is a plus
- Proficiency with Excel, Google Analytics, SQL
A successful candidate...
- Focuses on the customer, creating a great experience at every touchpoint.
- Has an enthusiastic mindset & craves an ever-changing environment where others rely on you for prioritization & decision-making to prompt results.
- Is analytical & data-driven; loves using stats & numbers to make decisions.
- Prides themselves on the quality of their work, double-checking & completing projects with little to no errors before moving onto the next task.
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, & experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, & our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse & inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, & innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
***To support an inclusive & equitable hiring process, we are eliminating resume submissions. To complete your application, answer the questions below.***