Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Vice President, GM of Visa DPS Digital Issuer Processing is responsible for leading the acceleration, launch, & successful global expansion of a new business line for Visa DPS.
Visa DPS is the leading global issuer processor of Visa transactions in the world. Please see Visa.com/DPS for more information.
The new DPS Digital Issuer Processing solution business is an API based, fit for purpose platform, built modularly to support multiple digital & Fintech use cases, including neobanks, installments, POS lending, GIG economy constructs, digital wallets, real time payments, etc. The GM will act as the general manager, focused on all aspects of the business to drive results that deliver on the multi-year P&L objectives, including talent hiring & management, culture, technology, business development, client support, strategy, reporting, innovation, & operational excellence. The successful candidate will be managing a new business for Visa DPS delivering on a robust backlog to extend capabilities while expanding the new Visa DPS digital issuer processing business to take advantage of new opportunities, domestically in North America, & globally based on the best market / use cases. Additionally, this new platform will be called to build modular solutions that can be repurposed to support Visa product strategies. The GM will continually manage prioritization to balance product development, P&L, client support, & Visa product enablement.
This is a unique opportunity for an executive to join our team to launch a new digital issuer processing business with the initial infrastructure, team, platform, & investment already in place, with full top Visa executive alignment on the strategic opportunity & objectives. Further, this position provides a greenfield opportunity for the leader to shape & refine the roadmap, approach, go-to-market, & future vision for this new business.
This position will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Visa DPS & will be located in Denver.
- Serve as the key executive leader & SME for DPS Forward, delivering on P&L objectives for this new business initiative.
- Build team & culture to operate in a diverse & inclusive, agile, transformative way, with a focus on speed of delivery, quality, innovation, & client success.
- Inspire team, to deliver the best solution to meet the best opportunities in the evolving digital payments ecosystem. Serve as industry spokesperson, building thebrand globally.
- Be 100% accountable & represent the business internally & externally, with energy, enthusiasm, clarity of direction, sagacity, & curiosity to continually improve KPIs & client performance.
- Develop & manage go to market strategy, focusing on the best use cases, global market prioritization, & Visa enablement opportunities.
- Continually manage complex prioritization of extensive backlog balancing multiple stakeholders & objectives - sometimes conflicting. Continually enhance strategy, objectives & a 3-year roadmap to serve as a differentiator in winning new client deals, informed by global industry trends, Visa priorities, client business needs, & changing competitive landscape.
- Oversee product development lifecycle. Lead teams to ensure the product, enhancement, & technology requests meet the business needs & are rolled-out as designed, while also managing the correction of any defects / issues.
- Develop product positioning & messaging, set direction for marketing & sales plans, & develop collateral & sales materials.
- Provide senior management support to assist with key client, & signature client business sales.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15 years' experience with & Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, PhD)
- Typically requires 15+ years of leadership experience in payments systems & processing solutions management with specific relevant knowledge of issuer processing & network business, as well as experience managing a P&L & budget, accurately forecasting sources of cost, revenue & risk with an ability to summarize business & financial data in a useful manner for planning & decision making
- Strong people leader, building & managing a diverse, talented, curious, driven, & developing team aligned to succeed - with a focus on delivering financial results by serving the client first.
- Experienced collaborator at all levels, effectively managing through challenges to reach the best outcome
- Extensive knowledge in software development & agile methodologies, partnering closely as one with product & technology.
- Experience managing & developing global products & solutions
- Demonstrated success in managing existing product sets, while developing net-new products & services & executing on go to market initiatives
- Results-oriented leader; analytic & fact-based consultative discipline
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with all levels including executive & C-level management
- Ability to effectively manage during crisis events
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 25%of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.