What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love & innovation to a long overlooked & underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food & goods made just for cats & the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, & born out of Harrys Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's, Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture & toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cats & the cat persons needs in everything we make & do. Its all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though small, our vision is grand. We arent just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; were redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the Role:
The Head of Supply Chain will lead our end-to-end / integrated supply chain, including planning, sourcing, fulfillment, & logistics. Youll optimize & enhance our operating capabilities, manage & improve our gross margin, ensure consistent source of supply & oversee product initiatives from procurement & vendor management to logistics & distribution. Importantly, youll lead us through the next phase of growth as we expand into new categories & new channels, helping us execute our ambitious new product roadmap while growing & developing a secure supply & distribution network.
Youll be a crucial member of our senior leadership team & report directly to the CEO of Cat Person.
What Youll Accomplish:
- Drive overall supply chain strategy & execution, both short-term & long-term, across supply, inventory, 3PLs, transportation, manufacturing, & project management.
- Own the Sales & Operating Planning process & drive collaboration across functional groups to create a demand & supply plan that maximizes revenue.
- Own gross margin expansion strategy & execution end-to-end, driving sourcing, value engineering, distribution & opex initiatives.
- Optimize customer fulfillment, ensuring our service levels meet the needs of our customers & business.
- Develop & implement processes & system enhancements to reduce costs & improve operational efficiency, accuracy, & customer service levels.
- Directly oversee & manage relationships with partners/vendors; develop & maintain executive level relationships with the full supply base.
- Lead the team in the development of RFI/RFPs as we expand into new products with new suppliers & we expand our distribution network.
This should describe you:
- 10+ years experience in supply chain roles, with exposure to sourcing, inventory management, demand planning, fulfillment, logistics & manufacturing.
- Strong preference for manufacturing, supply & sourcing background; experience with food categories, co-manufacturers & international sourcing/supply chains a plus.
- Experience in CPG omni-channel environment, including e-commerce & retail fulfillment operations.
- Demonstrable competency in demand planning, purchasing, & 3PL management.
- Experience with operational & logistics technology/systems (e.g., ERP, OMS, WMS).
- Sense of urgency with bias for action. A high level of motivation, disciplined mindset & self-starting capability with proven track record in operating in mid-sized companies; entrepreneurial nature & experience working in fast-paced start-up environments a plus.
- Strong communication, teamwork, problem-solving & interpersonal skills with a proven ability to influence across functions & levels.
- Passion for cats and/or animals a plus
About Cat Person:
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats & cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats & products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, & thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, & marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market & flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded by a small team of passionate cat people & launched in March 2020. Today, it is part of the Harry's family of brands.
Cat Person & Harrys are committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Cat Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Cat Persons commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.