Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Account Manager to join our Broker Support team in our Tempe Arizona office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Our Account Managers work closely with Sales Executives to support Oscars distribution channel in the Individual & Family Plan line of business. Account Managers will work with key business partners to resolve inbound issues quickly & professionally.
To do this, Account Managers need to have broad knowledge of Oscars products, policies & processes & be able to cut through complex issues to serve our clients. In addition to working side-by-side with our Sales Executives, youll also be working with our Eligibility, Concierge & Growth Operations teams to make Oscar the easiest carrier for brokers to work with.
You will report into the Associate Sales Manager.
- Work with Sales to onboard & support new general agencies & distribution partners.
- Handle inbound calls & emails from Oscars most important business partners (general agents & brokers) & resolve issues quickly & accurately.
- Gain a deep understanding of Oscars plans, benefits, & networks & the ability to educate others on our products across markets.
- Partner with Sales to set up Oscars distribution network in new markets, & to reinforce it in existing markets.
- Collaborate with Oscars Eligibility, Billing, & Member Services teams to resolve complex issues.
- You love providing world-class service & building a reputation for excellence.
- You are excited by the challenges of working in a constantly evolving, high-growth environment.
- You respond to challenges with patience & empathy, are energized by helping people & seeing the positive impact of your efforts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including exceptional verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong analytical decision making & organizational skills
- Healthcare experience & license are pluses.
- 2-4 years of prior Sales and/or Account Management experience
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.