Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a talented analyst to join the Commercial Finance team & provide deal support to the Americas sales team. This role gives you a platform to accelerate commercial momentum while driving financial targets & optimizing sales cycle time.
As the Commercial Finance Analyst, Americas your ability to build deep cross-functional partnerships & to clearly & consistently articulate recommended course of actions will determine your success.
You will partner with sales, sales operations, product managers, super network, pricing & packaging & the extended Twilio Finance team. You will have a significant impact in bringing Twilios core offerings & new innovations to market as you create & evaluate deal models, their impact to Twilios P&L & make recommendations on transactions & overall pricing & packaging strategies.
Reporting to the Manager of Deal Desk, Americas, you will have a significant impact on how Twilio shapes strategic deals & continues to accelerate its international growth.
Twilio is looking for someone who has:
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Business, Math or Engineering.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in consulting, financial analysis, and/or pricing background preferred.
- Previous experience working with technology (software) companies a plus.
- Strong analytical skill set including Excel, SFDC & Keynote/PPT/Google Slides.
- Self-starter; takes ownership of goals & works to meet or exceed them.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills; able to build strong partnership with sales & cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally & in a matrixed environment.
- Fluent understanding of P&L dynamics & unit economics.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced & changing environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assess deal economics, recommend alternative deal structures & consistently evaluate/propose discounting level & overall financial terms & conditions to support non-standard customer transactions while helping to drive overall product mix & regional financial targets.
- Proactively facilitate deal reviews, run weekly Commercial Finance forums, provide pricing & packaging suggestions, manage escalations & add valuable insights to drive decision making.
- Partner with Sales Operations to accelerate the overall deal cycle by driving process improvements while maintaining financial rigor & accepted levels of control.
- Support the development of deal metrics to report regional trends in pricing, product mix, competitive dynamics, segment performance, & customer requests.
- Assist on ad hoc finance projects.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, & quickly evolving business. Visibility into how our products are performing is critical to making good business decisions. Your ability to identify & communicate trends, opportunities & problems--and more importantly, recommend a course of action--will play a critical role in charting Twilios future.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 3280 Peachtree Road NE (Buckhead Region) in Atlanta. While working in our newest office, youll enjoy fully stocked snacks & drinks. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate ourvalues, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.