Walmart Media Group (WMG) is looking for an experienced data-driven brand strategist, storyteller & marketing insights guru to partner with Sales to drive growth & excellence for the Personal Care & Home vertical.
As the Manager of Vertical Brand Strategy for Personal Care & Home, you will be an expert & go-to resource for the category, leading it by connecting insights to marketing & media strategies that drive growth for WMGs brand partners. This includes leveraging the suite of insights & solutions available at an enterprise level as well as WMGs advertising solutions to create & deliver integrated marketing & media programs as One Walmart across brick-and-mortar stores, e-commerce channels, & through category marketing programs.
You will own the vertical & be responsible for developing category pre-sales presentations, playbooks, case studies, as well as other marketing collateral in partnership with Sales, Analytics & Product.
This position sits under WMG Marketing & reports to the Director of Vertical Brand Strategy.
WALMART MEDIA GROUP
WMG is Walmarts advertising platform for brands, uniquely designed to reach hundreds of millions of U.S. shoppers across their entire shopping journey, online & in stores. We connect billions of shopping behaviors to real transactions, & help marketers truly understand how their marketing drives results.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate is passionate about sales enablement, has a consultative mindset & category experience, is highly analytical & insights driven, & curious & able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic & ambiguous environment.
Were looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative & structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Develop data-driven, specialized vertical strategies & pre-sales pitch presentations for Personal Care & Home brands, playbooks, overviews, case studies & other marketing collateral
- Own the vertical & the partnership with WMG Sales, Analytics & Product, & Walmart category marketing (its complex!), immersing yourself in the business to understand the landscape, consumer mindsets & behaviors, challenges & opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with the rest of the Marketing team to support branding, external communications, training, etc. to support the WMG narrative & positioning
- Consistently deliver a balance of analytical rigor & storytelling in every single output & communication, always being prepared to convey insights & influence with a strong point of view
- Demonstrate spirit of partnership, collaboration, & operational agility & excellence
- Be self-motivated & highly driven
- 4-6 years of experience, working cross-functionally in business consulting, advertising, media & / or marketing related fields
- Relevant bachelors degree for this role
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- A balance of right brain, left brain: Being highly analytical, curious by numbers, & articulate in connecting data & insights to strategies that demonstrate creativity, & have a compelling story arc & narratives
THE BONUS - STRONGLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Personal Care & Home category experience.
- MBA or advanced-level academic degree.