Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our growing finance team in our New York City HQ. This person will report into the Accounting Manager & will work closely with Caspers internal management team.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
- Month-end close
- Prepare journal entries for cash, prepaids, intangibles, fixed assets, accounts payables & accruals
- Prepare balance sheet analyses & reconciliations to support amounts
- Determine appropriate accruals for current period reporting
- Run system processes for purchase orders
- Reconcile ERP sub-ledgers to the General Ledger
- Coordinate with other departments including around the month-end close process
- Coordinate with the A/P manager on invoice coding, T&E processing, & month-end close processes
- Participate in the compilation of information for the companys financial statements & SEC filings.
- Support annual financial statement audit process
- Adhoc projects as assigned by the Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller
Our dream candidate...
- BA/BS in accounting or finance
- 3-4 years of accounting experience
- Team player possessing a strong work ethic & drive for results
- Willingness to extend themselves & assist other people
- Understanding of financial controls
- Experience & competency working with Excel
- Strong interpersonal & communication & presentation skills, both verbal & written
- Good planning & organizational skills to balance & prioritize work
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment