Instacart Shift Leads are responsible for driving Instacarts success inside the stores of our retail partners. In this role, you will exercise autonomy & use your owner-mindset to coach a team of in-store shoppers, maintain & improve in-store operations, optimizing for efficiency. You will manage day-to-day & on-the-ground operations in partnership with Operations Leadership, with a goal of delivering high-quality orders to customers in the most efficient way possible. If you are looking for a fast-paced, people-oriented, challenging & exciting place to grow your career, this is the place for you.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Onboard new shoppers & provide continuous structured guidance & support to in-store shopper teamincluding actionable feedback for improvementto help them achieve individual performance goals.
- Become the expert & go-to-resource on the Instacart in-store shopping process & store layout
- Utilize existing resources, tools, & team members to quickly identify & solve any shopper, customer, or retailer issues
- Build morale in-store & foster a collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Ensure orders are fulfilled accurately & to the highest standard of quality
- Maintain in-store equipment & staging areas & proactively troubleshoot any issues with service & repair vendors
- Maintain a comfortable in-store environment so that our shoppers can focus on their work
- Enforce policies & handling in-store shopper violations & partner with local Operations Team to ensure personnel issues are escalated properly
- Brainstorm new process improvements that will enhance the in-store shopping & customer experience
- Exemplify the highest standards of professionalism & integrity to promote the culture, values, & mission of Instacart
- You have interpersonal & communication, organization, planning, & prioritization skills
- You possess a mindset of resilience & perseverance
- You have experience & comfort with using metrics & dashboards to make decisions
- You have demonstrated poise when navigating critical conversations with peers, retailer partners, & in-store shoppers
- You have experience working with diverse teams
- You possess strong motivational & leadership skills
- You are comfortable with challenging the status quo & being proactive in developing improvements to the in-store shopping & customer experience
- You can be flexible: Shift Leads are required to report into one store; however, based on geographic locations, this might be subject to change
- You have access to reliable transportation as Shift Leads may be required to travel between stores
- You are able to deliver customer service that exceeds customer needs
- You have consistent access to & be able to effectively use a recent smartphone (iPhone 5 / Android 4.4 or newer)
- You must be able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Remain standing or walking, including up & down stairs, during shift
- You are able to consistently & reliably work 30-40 hours a week
- You are able to work regularly on weekends, including Sundays
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery & pickup services bring everyday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional & local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluckeveryone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.