About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. The Engineering team focuses on architecting, developing, & delivering highly scalable & innovative software that meets the needs of the Daily Harvest business & our customers.
The Staff Software Engineer will lead the technical direction of our software stack, be responsible for our most complex & impactful projects, & act as a mentor for our engineers. This role will be part of a dynamic environment working to transform our digital business, all while collaborating cross-functionally with multiple teams. Staff Software Engineers deliver results that move the needle at the organizational level & impact company-wide goals.
What youll do:
- Lead the planning & implementation of new or existing software features & architecture improvements.
- Inspire & mentor the engineering team by providing technical advice, instruction, & training
- Identify risk & present recommendations that drive the software engineering schedule & lead the effort in performing software improvements & upgrades.
- Be accountable for well-written code to enhance functionality and/or performance of software applications & oversee software testing on new & existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors & general debugging.
- Collaborate with engineers to develop & maintain code quality & architecture standards.
- Write full stack code & services architected for scalability & re-use. Have strong opinions on code structure & modularization.
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems & automated CI/CD & monitoring platforms to drive efficiencies
- Drive the definition of software development project plans, including scoping, estimates, & implementation
Who you are:
- Education, training, or experience equivalent to a BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or Ph.D.) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics)
- 8+ years of progressive experience with extensive knowledge in all aspects of application development & project lifecycle
- Identify & solve ambiguous problems, architecture deficiencies, & bottlenecks
- Experienced with modern microservice architectures & server side coding languages such as Python, Java, Ruby, or C#
- Experienced with modern database systems & cloud based persistence technologies
- Experience with at least one cloud service provider such as Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure
- Experienced with modern JS frameworks (e.g. React, Angular)
- Excellent understanding & proven experience of coding methods & best practices
- Experience leading design reviews
- Experience in interviewing & hiring engineers
- Experience with system performance metric gathering software
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.