Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate, to join our Ancillary team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Market P+L teams manage the growth & business economics of their regions. The team grows a set of relationships across our network of health systems, providers, & other healthcare organizations. The team strives to construct & improve Oscars system, facility, & provider agreements, infrastructures, & relationships to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, partner quality goals, & financial interests are reflected in our network partnerships.
Within the P&L group, the Ancillary team is responsible for managing relationships with key national provider partners across multiple clinical categories (e.g. Labs, DME, Dialysis) & business lines (MA, individual, small group)
You will be accountable for owning the relationships with & solving operational issues for a group of national ancillary provider partners, as well as day-to-day project management & process improvement.
- Own the relationships with our with key partner contacts on insurance operations like claims, utilization management, & network adequacy, driving discussions & looping in Oscar experts as needed
- Develop expertise in Oscars insurance operations & how they impact our provider partners & influence Oscars cost & member experience.
- Become a key go-to individual for our national ancillary partner contacts on all things network operations including data integrations & other partnership initiatives
- Develop a broad & deep understanding of our the goals & needs of our ancillary partners to help inform our strategic perspectives & contracting decisions
- Partner with internal teams such as Strategy, Contracting, Finance, Analytics, Value Capture, Care Management, Government Affairs, Product, Concierge, & other regional teams to drive results for key strategic initiatives for you categories
- Oversee short-term & long-term partner performance against targets & regularly report findings out to Oscar stakeholders
- Understand the key data & reports regarding your network partners & work with our team to identify trends that could be used to improve these partnerships
- Help implement improvement opportunities to further develop & scale partnership operations
- Identify opportunities to reduce unnecessary costs and/or improve member experience through contracting initiatives, operational improvements, or otherwise
- 3+ years experience in related field
- A bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in a client-facing role a must
- Proficiency in data analysis & presentation development a plus
- Experience with vendor management in the healthcare industry experience a plus
- Experience working with Medicare Advantage products a plus
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.