We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
Who we are:
Tripadvisors global cruise business includes Cruise Critic, the worlds largest cruise reviews & information site, offering a comprehensive resource for cruise travelers which covers audiences from first-time cruisers to avid cruise enthusiasts. Cruise Critic features more than 350,000 cruise reviews & hosts the world's largest online cruise community. Our tight group works to inspire memorable experiences through passion & excellence in editorial content, technology & industry relationships. At CruiseCritic & Tripadvisor, we believe that we are better together & we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as are our people powered platforms.
What we do at Cruise Critic Engineering:
- Solve challenges of scale, user engagement & traffic growth for cruisecritic.com as well our UK & AU points of sale
- Collaborate in a fast-paced, globally distributed team to address business & technological initiatives
- Work with cutting-edge technology to deliver the best user experience, coupled with sustainable tooling, test harnesses & documentation
What youll do:
CruiseCritic is looking for a strong Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will help us build, upgrade & sustain cruisecritic.com along with its supporting suite of tools & processes that enable the success of our business. Our engineers work on all areas of our diverse stack, including a growing list of new technologies, & we favor decisive, collaborative action in all that we do. A general set of responsibilities is as follows:
- Code! Most of our engineers release code to production every few days & we have an as-needed release cycle to accommodate our fast-paced goals.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you & the team
- Operate across our evolving technology stack - you'll be working with Typescript, React, NextJs, Graphql & more.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering - architecture, design, implementation, QA/CI, & maintenance.
- Touch code at every level from the UI, through backend services & down to the database.
- Collaborate closely with Product, design teams & other business stakeholders to define feature specifications & develop high quality deliverables for our customers.
What we are looking for?
- At least 4 years of experience of commercial software development
- Moderate to heavy AWS experience - ideally some overlap with networking, message queues, & serverless lambda.
- Functional experience in NodeJS (Typescript)
- Database management with MYSQL or similar relational databases.
- PHP experience is a strong bonus.
- CI / CD experience a plus
- Service monitoring via Datadog/Cloudwatch
- Willingness & ability to take on new technologies.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Strong analytical skills & desire to write clean, correct & efficient code.
- High quality verbal & written communication skills.
- Sense of ownership, urgency & pride in your work.
- Knowledge of NextJS is a bonus
The salary range for this role is $120,000 to $165,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. An employees pay position within the wage range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, sales or revenue-based metrics, & business or organizational needs. This compensation range may also be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus pay. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical, dental & vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, & tuition reimbursement to eligible employees.
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.