Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation & employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Australia & the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, & equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational & multilingual, & come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuine representative workforce that can help us create solutions & foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
- Understand which manual processes can be automated, as part of incident & problem management & write the corresponding automation script
- Understand which data, IT departments across the world, need to better support their end-users & write the corresponding automation scripts
- Ensure the code of the scripts are of high quality, unit-tested, following the best SOLID practices, thoroughly tested on a wide range of operating systems & ready for further debugging in remote (inaccessible) environments
- Participate in the product release delivery process
- Participate in the automation of the test & release environment
- Help the team to improve its best practices in development
- Coordinate with the L3 support team for bug fixing
- Be a team player but also know how to work autonomously
- Be ready to work out of your comfort zone
- Follow Agile methodologies & practices
- 3+ years of experience in Software Development: work by coding good practices, write secure & quality code, understand the performance impact of your code, apply debugging & logging techniques, be great at constructive code review, used to Agile methodologies
- 1+ year of IT experience in one of these areas: Windows endpoint & application management, Windows Server administration, System administration in Windows, DevOps in a Windows environment
- Good Knowledge of a .NET programming languages, or PowerShell 2.0 & 5.0 or other scripting language
- Knowledge of Windows internals such as GPO, WMI, Windows registry, Windows APIs, Event log, WSUS,
- Knowledge of SCCM & Active Directory & knowledge of other endpoint management tools are a plus
- Mid-level English spoken & written
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills
- Familiarity with SCRUM/Agile is a plus
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful & innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness & collaboration.
- Location: Plaza Colon (Madrid).Our office is conveniently located, & it is very pretty & cool! Don't believe us? Let us know in advance & come check, we can invite you for a coffee.
- Permanent Contract.
- There are more R&D teams in Madrid, so you can grow within the company.
- Ticket Restaurant, Private health Insurance & Gym discount on subscriptions.
- You can choose to adhere to a flexible retribution plan for kindergarten & transport tickets.
- Possibility to work from home 1 day a week.
- Willing to travel from time to time
- Flexible Hours, so when you do your 40 hours a week, you can leave earlier on Fridays.
- 50% off on English / Spanish classes.
- Fresh fruit, cookies, & occasionally some soft drinks as well.
- Pizza talks once a month (knowledge pills + pizza!), you can just listen, or even present something you are passionate about.
- We host the Madrid Scrum Alliance user group every other month, which are a great learning & networking opportunity.