Team / Role Description
Oktas Solution Engineering team plays a critical role in enabling Oktas growth by providing technical sales partnership during acquisition & retention of customers.
The Presales Analytics & Strategy Manager drives solution engineering innovation (SE) through high impact data analysis & strategy formulation. The ideal candidate has a solution engineering or operations background with proven ability to strategize & implement high-level analytic solutions & initiatives partnering with Executives. The key areas of responsibilities include focus on increasing SE productivity, streamlining processes, & building out strategic programs based on sound analysis.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, & assigned project managers to plan & develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, & timing for new initiatives
- Lead and/or assist in the creation & roll-out of strategic analytic projects to the field SE management / teams to drive key revenue, margin, & growth opportunities
- Monitor operational performance & proactively identify opportunities for improvements
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional leaders
- Build out improved repeatable processes within Segments
- Develop & streamline SE initiatives
- Responsible to pinpoint areas for improvement in the SE cycle that can increase velocity & technical win
- Operate as key business partner & liaison to Global SE Executives to develop organizational goals & manage progress through monthly, quarterly, & yearly business reviews
- Collaborate with Global SE Executives to develop & execute SE management disciplines & processes (i.e. territory assignment, SE assignments, quota/budget allocation)
- Provide regular performance reporting (eg. productivity, efficiency, capacity utilization) in a timely & accurate manner to support critical business decisions
- Define & calculate SE KPIs to ensure the process changes are driving impressive results
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills at multiple levels. You can build an exec ready storyboard/presentation & anticipate what questions will be asked.
- Exceptional quantitative & MS Excel skills (i.e. sumifs, index/match & vlookup, table formulas).
- Deep experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually & tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization).
- Familiarity with the tools that create & house our data:
- Salesforce: complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, calculated fields, workflows.
- Tableau, Python or other analysis / business intelligence tools.
- BA/BS in business administration, finance, engineering or related discipline
- 4+ years solution/sales engineer & sales operations experience
- Experience using Salesforce.com, BI Tools (Tableau, Python), & Google Suite / Analytics.
- Need to understand the SE role, preferably collab/telephony & soft skills to work cross-functionally
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking & problem-solving skills - proven ability to mine data for relevant & actionable insights
- Experience with cross functional project execution, & continually driven to improve performance
- Analytical & detail orientated with a drive for results
- Open & collaborative, works as a team with professionalism
- Impeccable organizational skills, project management skills, & attention to detail
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with ability to communicate translate complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Comfortable with ambiguity, & creating analysis for business scenarios that arent clearly defined upfront & require iterative problem solving approaches with client groups
- Disciplined able to prioritize & work with rigor to high standards; able to follow process & produce quality deliverables
- A strong sense of urgency & ability to work in a fast paced environment with sound business judgment & a focus on problem solving
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accountability
- Background in SaaS or a recurring customer subscription model company a plus
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity & business judgment
Oktas Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our companys actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, & maintain transparency. Its our expectation that our managers & leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills & perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback & reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths & weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals & the organizations goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities & translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.