About Us:IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, & a desire to invent or acquire new products & brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 11 public companies & generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially-disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Dotdash Meredith & Care.com, among many others, & also has majority ownership of Angi Inc, which includes HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi & Handy. The company is headquartered in NYC & has business operations & satellite offices worldwide.
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Generous paid time off programs for flexible vacations
- 16 hours of volunteer time off yearly for community service
- Industry-leading 401k plan with 10% dollar-for-dollar company match
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, & vision insurance
- $5,000 yearly tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Pre-tax commuter benefits through WageWorks
- A vibrant office building in Chelsea with a well-stocked snack bar
The Opportunity:Title: Associate Director, M&A
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid)
Reports to: Head of M&A
The M&A team identifies, evaluates, & executes M&A transactions & investments for IAC & our portfolio companies. M&A is a high-profile, strategic part of IAC, so this position represents a vital role within the company. You will have the opportunity to lead all aspects of the deal process, from idea generation & valuation to due diligence & negotiation of legal documentation. This is a high-visibility role with exposure to senior management of IAC & our portfolio companies.
- Performing industry research to identify opportunities for growth within IAC's existing businesses or expansion into new areas.
- Developing detailed financial models & valuation analysis for potential transactions & leading Associate Directors in compiling research, developing models, & valuation scenarios.
- Coordinating & implementing due diligence for potential transactions.
- Creating investment conclusions & related presentations for review by the senior management team of IAC, including the Office of the Chairman.
- Interfacing with finance, legal, tax, & other departments of IAC to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Minimum 2 years in investment banking, plus 1-2 years in an investing role.
- Demonstrated interest in the consumer internet & technology industry preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Proficient in modeling, analysis, & research.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.