We believe the most powerful marketing happens in-person. Our mission is to develop the most innovative event technology on the planet to help marketers reach & engage their target audiences in-person. From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights & measuring event impact, Splash enables marketers to efficiently scale event programs & connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution & optimize performance.
About the Team & Position
Splash Engineering is in search of experienced backend API engineers who can help us evolve & maintain our APIs. Our Public API is an exciting opportunity to have a big impact at Splash & enable lucrative new partnerships in addition to addressing our consumers' growing API needs.
As an engineer on the API team, youll be taking care of the most important thing at Splash. Youll be joining a new team, fully supported by the rest of engineering, but tasked with being the one to evolve our internal & external API layer.
- Manage our API, focusing at first at the Public portion.
- Track API performance & usage.
- Work with the Infrastructure team to build our API Gateway solution.
- Establish & maintain the reliability of the API through solutions such as rate limiting.
- Be involved with how API access is generated/granted, keeping security and
- Participate in efforts to enable new partnerships via our API endpoints, both existing & new.
- Establish & maintain change management of the API & integrate with our Go To Market process for consumer impacting changes.
- Enable your team to succeed in the ways you identify as more valuable. For example, partnering with the Product Designer & the Product Manager, facilitating Scrum ceremonies, managing projects & influencing stakeholders to get buy-in or remove blockers.
- Demonstrate persistence, proactivity & empathy through your actions.
- Communicate clearly & effectively.
- Have managed multiple direct reports.
- Have hired engineers.
- Have enabled the growth or promotion of your reports.
- Provide clear feedback to reports, peers & your managers to ensure we maintain a level of excellence.
- Experience working on both small & large engineering initiatives as a lead or manager.
- Expertise in Agile methodologies.
Bonus points. You:
- Have managed distributed teams & remote team members.
- Are familiar with microservice environments.
- Have developed APIs & integrations [For US EM posting]
- Have developed modern Frontend applications with React or Vue [For EU EM posting]
- Experience with rolling out management initiatives, including team process changes etc.
What we Offer
- Stock options for all employees.
- Flexible work hours.
- Career path coaching & planning.
- Training budget.
- Healthcare paid by Splash for you & your family (for Spain-based EM, lets mention that Sanitas is the provider).
- Monthly stipend for work-from-home expenses.
- Yearly company offsite in New York (pending it being safe health-wise).
- Fun virtual events with the rest of your team & the company (IRL too when its safe!).
- On top of regular vacation days, youll have at your disposal 2 extra Mental Escape days per month during which youre encouraged to unplug from work.
If youre interested in joining our growing team, please send us your resume. We cant wait to meet you!
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a full suite of benefits, medical, dental & vision.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas & great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace & encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
*We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Splash, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, 8 personal records, 9 commercial information, 10 professional or employment information, 11 non-public education records 12 & inferences drawn from your PI. 1314 We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services & operations related to your potential employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [privacy@Splash.com].