Away is seeking a Director of Information Systems to help create our Information Systems team. The ideal candidate will be someone who has a track record of planning, implementing, shipping & iterating on an ERP as well as a data pipeline platform. This person must also be a thoughtful people manager. They will be closely working with all aspects of the business to understand our business processes, so communication is key.
What You'll Do:
- Lead multiple software integrations for different software such as NetSuite, in-house open source e-commerce platform, ETL platform, PLM software, etc.
- Prepare, manage, & communicate the operational strategy in support of the overarching company strategy.
- Review, develop, & measure KPIs & metrics under financial controls & Netsuite.
- Ensuring continuous delivery of services through management of service level agreements with end users & monitoring performance.
- Perform technology selection & assessment from start to finish; including but not limited to defining requirements, creating RFPs, working with contractors, vendors, & customers.
- Provide thought leadership on operational & mission impact, organizational capacity, risk factors, & other key factors to inform strategic decision-making.
- Champion the development, implementation & continuous improvement of a range of organizational management practices & tools, (project management, procurement, risk management, etc.) to ensure optimal deployment of products.
- Building & leading a team that can manage the growth of a startup transitioning into a global brand.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of hands-on experience working with ERP systems, supply chain, planning, forecasting, & 3PLs.
- 5+ years of professional experience building & managing technical teams.
- 3+ years experience in retail & e-commerce in a direct to consumer environment.
- 1+ years of experience designing & implementing NetSuite in an organization.
- Supply chain experience.
- Experience leading supporting new integrations & development.
- Leadership by example is key, where direct communication balanced with high emotional intelligence is required.
- Ability to balance strong analytics & timely decision making.
- Experience in workflow management & process improvement.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities & projects & consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with data architecture.
- Experience with Agile (Scrum, Kanban) in teams.
- Hands on experience with Netsuite, Solidus/Spree, iPaaS (Boomi/Mulesoft/etc)
- Prior DNVB experience.
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world. To date weve sold more than one million travel products, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 200 people. We know thats just the beginning. Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.