What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada & Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times.
If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Or try thisrecent articlein Forbes.
Our teachers are always looking for ways to leverage all the tools & devices at their disposal to effectively reach students & do their work better. Mobile is a foundational technology to support this goal at TpT & were looking for strong mobile product engineers who will help us develop the next generation of user experiences leveraging the TpT platform.
Successful candidates have a passion for building product experiences that effectively leverage mobile, but are also not strictly limited to just that form factor. They understand when to focus on a mobile-only solution & when to build products that are cross-platform (desktop, mobile, API) to maximize user value. They also understand the value of creating infrastructure, tooling & effective process as you build out solutions on any part of the technology stack.
Some specific attributes were looking for are:
- 3+ years of experience developing on a mobile platform OR a strong frontend background with a demonstrated commitment to learning native mobile development.
- A strong history of reliably delivering substantive projects to production environments at quality.
- A strong understanding of key mobile & frontend design patterns. Areas of interest & examples include: user interface architectures (MVC, MVVM, etc.), API integration patterns (REST, GraphQL, etc.), authentication & authorization technologies (OAuth, JWT, OpenID, etc.).
- Solid experience developing product infrastructure, especially for mobile platforms. Examples of this include: build tooling, testing infrastructure, monitoring infrastructure, A/B testing support.
- Excellent communication skills & comfort working with non-engineers to outline product delivery constraints.