Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human resources, & office management, the People Operations team works to create & foster a positive & productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects, such as structuring performance management, to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, & able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, & care deeply about building a Better workplace.
Better is looking for a senior technical recruiter who will function as a recruiting partner to our product & product design teams, working closely with our product leadership team. This person will partner on building out creative talent strategies aimed at finding, attracting & closing top candidates. They will also function as an ambassador of Better, working with our internal team to develop external partnerships within the NYC tech community to represent Better (think attending events, figuring out which meetups we can host, & more!).
Responsibilities will include:
- Thinking outside of the box to find talent at every opportunity
- Partnering with hiring managers on developing a strong candidate experience
- Developing creative, product & engineering-specific sourcing strategies
- Updating & managing our candidate pipeline via Greenhouse
- Sourcing candidates from various platforms
- Tailoring & posting job listings for open positions
- Owning candidate experience- guiding them through the hiring process
- Greeting, hosting, & selling candidates during onsite interviews
- High personal integrity
- Remarkable organizational skills & relentless drive to improve efficiency
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Bachelors degree required
- Experience working in a start-up and/or fast-paced environment
- 4-6 years of experience working with & recruiting engineers/ highly technical roles
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.