Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
Data is core to our growing business & has been ingrained in the company's DNA since its founding. As a member of the Business Intelligence team, you will arm stakeholders with data to measure performance & insights, driving continuous improvements across the company. The team is responsible for developing & maintaining RTRs core data model, defining & analyzing performance metrics, building reports, & enabling self-service report solutions.
Business Intelligence is an important sub-team within the RTR Data organization. As a member of the Data Team, you will work alongside data engineers, data scientists, & machine learning engineers to solve problems & inform stakeholders throughout RTR. The data models you build will be utilized across the team, & you will work with data scientists to help disseminate the results of their analyses.
About the Job:
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Senior Manager to own Operations data strategy, modeling & reporting at RTR. In this role you will work closely with functional leaders to translate business needs into data requirements, & data requirements into insightful reporting. You will help craft our BI strategy, determining how to balance self-service reporting with BI-built reports. You will help grow our engagement of Looker & improve data accessibility through RTR.
What Youll Do:
- Partner closely with Operations, Data Science, Product, Finance, & Engineering teams to identify, scope, & fill data visibility gaps
- Create scalable, reusable datasets that support reporting & analysis
- Define, monitor, & diagnose progress against OKRs & other KPIs
- Manage the operations business intelligence roadmap in partnership with operations leadership
- Proactively identify opportunities to integrate operations data into other reporting areas such as inventory & retention while communicating with other data team members such as Data Engineering & Data Science.
- Lead a small team of analysts
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Technology, Business or related fields; advanced degrees and/or specializations a plus
- 5+ years experience in a business intelligence or related function
- Experience with labor data reporting a plus
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide-range of audiences
- Experience using DBT & familiarity with dimensional modeling are preferred
- Ability to work autonomously & provide direction in a complex environment
- Passion for data & its fundamental ability to create value
- Extremely curious & excited to dive into complex problems
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.