Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job
In this position you will partner with Operations Senior Management to develop & execute the HR strategies that foster organizational & people effectiveness. The individual in this role must understand business priorities & translate them into an HR agenda that supports the business as it grows rapidly. This role drives overall business performance & employee engagement by proactively diagnosing issues & opportunities & taking the necessary actions to address issues. The HRBP will work with the Senior HR Business Partner in the development & execution of project plans as well as the HR strategies & business objectives, including but not limited to: talent planning, leadership training & development, performance management, workforce planning, communication & diversity initiatives, etc, all of which help further the goals of the organization. The HRBP role is both a strategic & hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our 24/6 Fulfillment Center.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities & issues & being decisive. A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement at all levels of the organization. Experience with rapid & complex changing work environment & high-volume workload is a must. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, & collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business & willing to contribute where necessary including the ability to "roll up your sleeves."
What You'll Do
- Execute our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, & driving HR functional excellence & process improvement
- The ability to understand business goals & recommend new approaches, policies & procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity & development of HR within the company
- Guide & advise leaders in corrective action, development plans, employee terminations, etc.
- Coaching & mentoring at management level
- Responsibility for operations management talent movement & development
- Ownership of management Learning & Development programs including creation of facilitator guides, participant guides, Powerpoint decks, & job aids to support the learning opportunities & key gaps in leadership
- Creating & driving effective development, employee relations, retention & reward programs
- Advise leaders regarding legal & regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, Safety, etc.
- Partner with senior leadership to drive performance management at all levels of the organization
- Ensure consistent policy implementation & adherence
- Facilitate, partner as necessary & use sound judgement to resolve employee relation concerns
- Partners with operations leadership in the development of engagement action plans based on their Employee Engagement Survey results in alignment with company goals
- Bachelors Degree in HR, Business or related field; advanced HR degree preferred
- At least 10 years in a dedicated HR role with at least 6 years of HR management experience
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Experience interpreting & applying HR policies, procedures, programs & processes
- Passion for innovative HR solutions & process improvement
- A strong solution focus & be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems & drive appropriate resolutions
- Previous experience training management level
- Experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, & written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Internet navigation, HRIS systems
- Able to create, analyze, report & manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.