At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
Teachers Pay Teachers is looking for a content marketer & writer to join our Brand & Content team (a part of our Marketing & Communications Team) & support our growing TPT School Access subscription, a solution for schools & districts that gives teachers access to a catalog of millions of high-quality, educator-created learning materials. The ideal candidate for this role is a highly productive & creative writer who iterates quickly & drives results. In this role youll play a central role in shaping & writing critical touch points with educators, particularly with school administrators, across a variety of channels. Youll be a creative partner to many teams across the organization -- including sales, growth marketing, design, & product teams -- who are all working to make the expertise & wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time.
- Write on a wide variety of topics for multiple channels & in multiple formats (email, case studies, white papers, brochures, one-sheeters, website, blog, social media, banners,, etc.) while maintaining strong brand voice.
- Collaborate with sales & cross-functional marketing teammates to brainstorm & execute on content strategies that deepen engagement with our school & district audiences.
- Partner with product & marketing teams to write customer-focused copy in service of new product launches & growth strategies, including UX copy, email communications, & web copy, that excites, inspires, & compels adoption.
- Research industry styles, standards, & approaches to content that is innovative, original, or data-driven to educate & energize our talented group of writers & marketers.
- Study user research & performance data & hone your copy accordingly.
- Strong command of various writing styles across mediums including both digital & print
- Ability to translate ideas into jargon-free, thoughtful, & concise copy
- Ability to receive & integrate feedback from various stakeholders seamlessly into creative outputs
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with speed, delivering high quality output
- Experience writing email copy for multiple types of audiences
- General understanding of the marketing funnel & content strategies for each stage
- Bias for using research & data, when appropriate, to support a powerful narrative arc
- 3+ years of professional writing and/or content marketing experience (with relevant samples to share)
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, or Creative Writing
- Experience with Account Based Marketing
- Experience with SEO copywriting
- Experience with content management systems (e.g. Wordpress)
- Experience in education or at a technology company
- Mix of B2B & B2C experience
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.