Plateds Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is responsible for analyzing, presenting & forecasting the financial & business performance of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions.
Plated is looking for a Director, FP&A to join our team! You will lead the annual budgeting process, cross-functional analysis, long term financial forecasting & special projects. Your focus will not just be managing the team to financial budgets, but also providing deep insights or hypotheses to move business KPIs. You will also manage a small team team responsible for cash / capital expenditure analysis, analyzing business & financial KPIs & other key projects. This is an opportunity that affords significant exposure & impact on senior-level decision making as well as operate at the exciting intersection of food & data!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Responsible for analyzing & coordinating financial & planning analyses as well as initiatives as viewed through a financial lens in a strategic planning capacity. The FP&A team is responsible for providing financial & strategic support for all of Plated with a focus on insights, not reporting.
- Lead monthly financial reviews with the senior leadership team.
- Drive financial predictability, as measured by the organizations performance against bi-annual & long-range financial plans, by establishing best-in-class financial planning capabilities & organizational support services.
- Fully develop & manage the companys bi-annual & long-range financial planning process, ensuring close coordination with the companys strategic planning processes, & complete participation/buy-in of key stakeholders across the organization.
- Establish communications across the organization to keep a pulse on the business to mitigate financial misses & minimize reforecasting.
- Direct a team of data analysts responsible for design, build, & continuous improvement of business-critical financial models, KPIs & analyses of KPI relationships & sensitivity; drive productive collaboration with other teams throughout the organization to support this work.
- Provide dedicated financial support services & value-added analytical insights through optimal allocation of resources along organizational (Marketing, Operations, etc.), financial (P&L, Balance Sheet, etc.), & other dimensions as appropriate.
- Lead the digital finance transformation & reproducibility while leveraging modern techniques in machine learning & predictive analytics in collaboration with the data science team.
- Serve as a consistent & reliable source of analytical & financial thought leadership to the companys executive leadership team; constantly strive to build a positive culture of fact-based, financially sound decision making throughout the organization.
What You Bring to the Table:
- 8+ years of highly relevant professional experience, including experience in a consumer-facing E-commerce company
- Demonstrated excellence in complex financial analysis & 3-statement model building; working knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or other business related field; MBA and/or relevant professional certifications (CFA, CPA) a plus
- Demonstrated experience leading enterprise-level planning & budgeting processes across the organization.
- Knowledge & hands on implementation of long term financial forecasting models.
- Strong financial acumen & applied knowledge of financial measures such as customer acquisition cost (CAC), payback period measurement, ROI, lifetime value (LTV), & related concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in developing frameworks & creative financial analysis that simplifies complex business problems & provides actionable business insights.
- Proven leadership capabilities; experience managing & mentoring a team of analysts with varying skill sets.
- Knowledge of the latest in digital finance & modern analysis tools for reproducibility such as R, Python & data visualization tools like Tableau.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment, managing the team & others time effectively to address high-priority items in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, & executive presence; ability to build relationships & communicate with peers, subordinates, & executive management.
- Highly organized, with strong process-orientation & attention to detail.
Working at Plated:
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, & innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment weve built togetherand were looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits & perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Unlimited vacation days
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, & dental plans & a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Flatiron, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, & adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, & Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, & food-related activities
Plated is an equal opportunity employer