Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy & confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, & offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, & invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, & results-driven.
Our store leaders will help drive our people-first employee experience philosophy rooted in authenticity, integrity, inclusion, equity, & empathy. As a Key Lead, its your responsibility to support the overall efforts of the stores leadership team in creating inspiring & exceptional experiences, & fostering & maintaining a safe, equitable, & inclusive environment for both store teams & customers. Finally, acting as a constant presence on the floor, you will help create an environment in which employees can develop their full potential, fulfilling all core talent competencies & embodying our company values.
Not new to the Glossier team? We welcome your application! Many of our Corporate Retail team members have joined within the last year & we would love to hear from you to get to know you (or get reacquainted). Please submit your candidacy for consideration!
As an extension of the stores leadership team, you will be fully immersed in the stores FOH & BOH operations. Performance expectations include but are not limited to the following:
- Support an employee culture that is driven by our people-first employee experience philosophy.
- Deeply understand, embody, & model Glossiers mission, vision & values: Devoted to the Customer, Inclusive, Curious, Courageous, & Discerning.
- Support an inclusive & equitable work environment & uphold our Code of Conduct & commitment to a work environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying, & intimidation.
- Liaise with the stores leadership team to maintain clear, open, & ongoing communication as it relates to positive and/or developmental feedback on the store team or any other operational observations.
- Participate in the stores recognition initiatives, in partnership with the stores leadership team, supporting a work environment of collaboration, camaraderie, & fun joy is our language!
- Serve as a deeply knowledgeable resource of our product philosophy & portfolio as well as our operational standards of excellence to the store team.
- Manage coverage needs on a daily basis (meal breaks, rest periods) as well as completing the Editor Zone Charts.
- Lead team communication through shift meetings (morning or afternoon huddles), sharing relevant information as needed (business goals, HQ updates, store news, etc.).
Customer Experience Leadership
- Model & coach Glossiers customer experience principles, ensuring consistently memorable & inspiring customer & employee experiences.
- Spend 100% of your time on the sales floor and/or BOH areas as assigned, working directly with customers & the store team.
- Active participation in the Host of the Party (HOP - Manager on Duty/MOD) program.
- Serve as an added resource to the store team when customer matters arise requiring leadership support.
- Assist the store team with any ad hoc customer accommodations (e.g., returns/exchanges, guest recovery accommodations, etc.).
- Recognize & reinforce excellent customer service interactions & facilitate a best practice resource library to be incorporated into training.
- Ensure all operational standards are upheld (e.g., visual merchandising, store cleanliness, safety processes, etc.).
- Deeply knowledgeable of business KPIs & responsible for reinforcing communication to the team in a fun & engaging manner.
- Responsible for opening & closing duties at the beginning and/or end of the business day, setting the store up for success.
- Serve as an extension of the leadership team when managing ad hoc vendor requests, liaising with leadership as needed.
- Deliver on Glossiers unique retail experience philosophy, optimizing first & foremost for excellence in customer experience, while demonstrating an understanding of ultimate financial impact.
- Support the efforts of building connections within the community, in partnership with the Associate Store Director(s), to strengthen opportunities to network & create new local partnerships for potential events, etc.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in a fast-paced retail, customer service, or hospitality environment.
- Experience in promoting & supporting a people-first employee culture, fostering an engaging, welcoming, & inclusive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to employ outstanding communication practices that are ongoing, clear, & structured.
- Proven ability to motivate & inspire teams, maintaining high levels of engagement & strong employee morale.
- Desire & willingness to roll up your sleeves & jump in when the situation requires it.
- Passion for building exceptional, detail-oriented, customer & employee experiences.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, & holidays required.
- Skilled in executing customer service & operational efficiencies a plus.
In accordance with the applicable law, the following represents a good faith estimate of the minimum & maximum compensation range for this position:
- The estimated pay range for this role is $20 - $22 per hour.
- There may be future opportunities for continued pay progression based on continued strong performance in the role.
- Full-time positions are also eligible for a competitive compensation & benefits package that include medical health insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Short Term & Long Term Disability leave, & a range of other benefits. Learn more at the Glossier Career page.
- Part-time positions are also eligible for competitive compensation & benefits that include Paid Time Off, Short Term & Long Term Disability leave, & other benefits. Learn more at the Glossier Career page.
Compensation for the role will be determined based on permissible, non discriminatory factors such as a candidates qualifications, skills, & experience.
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
Founded in 2014, Glossier is a digital-first, growth-stage beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy & confidence in their personal beauty style. We build products & experiences inspired by our community, & are reimagining the beauty shopping experience with a people-first approach to discovery, both online & offline.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.