Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about staying on top of the latest IT trends & have an excellent knack supporting internal employees.
You will play an integral role by administering IT for our employees & assisting our existing team & VP of Infrastructure IT in building out our Corporate IT infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to work at a high-growth, fast-paced cloud infrastructure startup where youll be able to wear multiple hats & directly see the impact you are making day-to-day.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Participate in point of contact for desktop support issues, network troubleshooting & escalation
- Setting up meetups for company-wide events, maintaining existing infrastructure, & purchasing computers as required
- Installation & upgrade of software, antivirus checks, & security software
- Purchase & acquisition of laptops, peripherals, & other electronics for office personnel
- Ordering & replacing printing supplies, installing printers & other peripherals for employees as requested
- Work closely with our Employee Experience team to onboard new employees & ensure everyone has what they need to perform at their highest level
What Well Expect From You:
- Successful track record in Helpdesk & IT systems administration experience in a startup environment supporting a minimum of 200 employees
- Strong familiarity using Google apps & administration
- Solid foundation in both Mac OS & Windows operating systems, with a focus on strong diagnostic & analytical skills
- Experience with MDM solutions like Airwatch/JAMF
- Experience with Identity & security providers like Okta & Duo
- Troubleshooting VPN connectivity
- Ability to work in various office IT environments with minimum supervision & a strong ability to self-time manage
- Willingness to learn on a continuous basis as we scale the company in headcount & office spaces
- Ability to lift, carry, & move all components of network equipment, peripherals, & other ancillary equipment - Lift a minimum of 50Lbs.
- A/V knowledge for conference rooms/large meetings (Google Hangouts, Zoom, general telepresence)
- A pleasant demeanor & the ability to communicate in user-friendly language.
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple client/stakeholder deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!