We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace & a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time & money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, & free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, were driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network & a robust data platform, were creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing & were here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo & Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants & each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
A Senior UI Engineer at ShopRunner is someone who thrives in the UI/UX landscape, has a desire to contribute in a fast-paced environment & is looking for an opportunity to play a pivotal role in making the next-generation ShopRunner Payments Platform.
The ideal candidate has experience designing & implementing responsive experiences across a variety of devices. Also, youll be comfortable using cloud technologies, open source frameworks, & Agile practices.
The ShopRunner Payments Team is a newly formed team & has lots of potential growth from scratch & the opportunity to provide high-value products to the end user.
ABOUT WHAT YOULL DO:
- React, Redux, CSS, SASS, TypeScript, Webpack, Fundamentals of UI engineering
- HTTP paradigm, Concepts of Backend & API layering
- Client Side Security understanding like CSRF, Encryption is a plus
- Responsive UI development
- Collaborate with UX team & designers to determine technical feasibility & implementation of designs
- Collaborate with product owners to determine technical solutions to meet business needs, constantly delivering value against product roadmap
- Work with back-end developers to Integrate UI with JSON APIs & other distributed systems
- Document & share technical directions, patterns & best practices with other members of engineering team
- Promote UI consistency across different ShopRunner channels, following branding guidelines
- Research & evaluate new technologies
ABOUT WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience with responsive layouts, CSS grid frameworks & CSS preprocessors, like SASS
- Experience with version control, like Git
- Experience optimizing web applications to increase speed, scalability, & extensibility.
- Experience with browser testing & mobile best practices
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams in an Agile environment & working with user stories & acceptance criteria
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are & consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.