As the People Operations Specialist, you will be a key, strategic leader at Daily Harvest. We are seeking a highly personable, driven, dynamic individual with a real passion for people. You will be responsible for aiding in the development of a world-class employee experience for our team. You are a thoughtful, compelling communicator who is comfortable in the public eye & behind the scenes. You are up to date with the latest people operations trends & have a progressive outlook on performance & employee development. In this role, you will maintain a strategic & high-level perspective of the company but also be hands-on operationally.
What youll do:
- Prepare & sendWelcome Email to new hires to collect necessary on-boarding documentation (e.g., I-9, EEO questionnaire, benefits enrollment forms)
- Lead annual benefits open enrollments, employee changes, & terminations
- Work withLearning & Developmentto build out training calendar & monitor new hire attendance
- Assist in reviewing people data to develop key metrics, measure employee engagement, & retention
- Coordinate appropriate candidate pre-employment background checks or credit checks if applicable
- Assist in facilitating the summer internship program & organizing events
- Organize & maintain personnel records andupdate internal HRIS systems as required
- Answer employee questions about People-related issues
- Maintain personnel recordsand documents
- Post federal & state labor law signage in applicable locations
- Manage, support, and/or participatein special projects or eventsas assigned bypreparing presentations, updating project timelines, creating & updating deliverables, creating & updating status reports, creating & updating reference & trainingand self-service helpmaterials.
- Work with the Head of People to coordinate staff celebrations, staff happiness/fun events, student site visits & informational presentations for groups, & to plan & execute our annual Staff Retreat
- Maintain HR records & HRIS systems, including processing on-boarding (new hire) & off-boarding (termination) paperwork, recording changes in job classifications, merit increases, etc.
- Minimum 4+ years of HR experience of increasing responsibility in a high growth organization.
- BS/BA degree required.
- Well versed in current HR regulations & compliance.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential information.
- Experience in a global technology-centric company or building engineering-centric cultures.
- Experience in developing consultative relationships, including the ability to influence decision makers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment of constant change.
- Proficient in various HR tools & applications.
- Exposure to TriNet, JustWorks, Greenhouse, & Lattice is highly preferred.
- An office freezer full of smoothies, harvest bowls, lattes, soups, overnight oats, & chia puddings
- A dynamic, ambitious & fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Lots of responsibility!
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, & Refinery29, & garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, & Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.