NewTek recently joined the Vizrt family!
NewTek, the Emmy Award winning provider of innovative solutions for Graphics, Film, & Television Production recognizes that employees are at the core of its success. We recruit & retain highly qualified, motivated, & passionate individuals & provide them with an environment to grow, succeed, & share in the companys success.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) South U.S. (AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, TN, & TX), is responsible for maintaining & creating significant revenue growth by prospecting, developing, & closing new sales opportunities in all of our key vertical markets on his own initiative & by partnering with NewTek Reseller Channel partners.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Channel Sales for North America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- RSM are in charge of guiding the reseller channel sales in their defined territory. This includes reviewing previous sales results, ongoing monitoring of the sales pipeline, assessing the particular reseller partners sales capabilities, resources such as demo equipment, facility space & sales staff. Performing ongoing training on new products & services as well as always looking for ways to improve & setting goals for sales teams & inspiring them by personal leadership & a passion for excellence. The ability to understand & articulate NewTek products is a must, directly & remotely, both with the reseller channel & directly with clients when appropriate.
- Collaborating with senior executives to establish & execute a sales goal for the region
- Managing a sales channel in order to maximize sales revenue & meet or exceed corporate-set goals
- Forecasting annual, quarterly, monthly & weekly sales goals
- Developing specific plans to ensure growth both long & short-term
- Educating sales channel with presentations of strategies, seminars & regular meetings
- Analyze regional market trends & discover new opportunities for growth
- Address potential problems & suggest prompt solutions
- Suggest new services/products & innovative sales techniques to increase customer satisfaction
- Train & develop a reseller partner channel within your assigned sales territory including creating a NewTek reseller sales plan.
- Work to grow & increase the opportunities in the South & entire US with the reseller channel, fellow RSMs & Account Managers
- Create a balance mix of channel partners including Elite Partners, System Integrators, & Authorized Resellers to meet monthly, quarterly & annual revenue targets profitably.
- Build lasting relationships with prospects, current customers & key contacts in your region through extensive travel.
- Leverage relationships to capture new sales opportunities & revitalize relationships with existing customers.
- Research, prospect & establish leads, followed by an introductory needs analysis/discovery meeting & product demonstration utilizing a consultative sales approach.
- Prepare & present proposals to decision makers, clearly communicating NewTeks value proposition as a provider of professional video & graphics solutions.
- Build a sales pipeline for short, mid, & long-term opportunities
- Prepare weekly sales, activities, & revenue reports as required by your sales management.
- Work closely with other departments within the organization, & with our reseller channel.
- Manage Product Specialist schedule to maximize productivity including the scheduling of product demos, pre & post sales
- Travel 75% of the time including out of territory support of other regions as needed
- Attend corporate meetings & team meetings when required
- Gain the ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of all NewTek sales procedures
- Perform on-site training for resellers & customers at their facilities
- Perform one-to-many lectures & seminars on product workflows
- Assist demo artist for both reseller & NewTek corporate events
- Work with the Sales Team to coordinate all needed equipment, content & travel for reseller events & regional tradeshows
- Assist in set up, testing & tear down of all equipment for any NewTek event on location
- Inform your NewTek Sales Team & appropriate reseller personnel about opportunities uncovered at these events
- Inform NewTek Marketing of any high-profile clients who attended these events
- Work at NewTek corporate tradeshows as required
- Stay on top of current product issues & solutions
- Keep Sales & Marketing Team Informed of any areas of opportunity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience)
- Min. of 5 years of sales experience in a professional A/V and/or video production related industry
- A proven track record of successful revenue growth & proven business development capabilities
- Advanced knowledge of NewTek products is a plus
- A thorough understanding of live video production, streaming & post-production products & workflows
- Deep understanding of IP workflow & technology
- Knowledgeable in AV workflows
- Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills, both oral & written
- Strong public speaking & presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently & exceed goals
- Must be creative, detail & solutions oriented, possess a strong work ethic, be willing to learn & have a burning desire to succeed
- Strong organizational skills & team oriented
- Desire & ability to travel extensively (approx. 75%).
- Valid drivers license & Passport
- Computer proficiency, with knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software & systems database & web-based applications
- Salesforce CRM knowledge a plus
Click here to read about our online privacy & personal data policies.