Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking an experienced second line manager to lead our Growth (SMB) sales segment. As the Director, Growth Sales, you will be responsible for leading a team of first line managers & bring strategic vision & innovative approach to expand the Growth sales teams responsible for selling all of our products to this segment. Reporting to the VP, Growth Sales, you will play a key role in generating new revenue, building sales process & design, & creation of efficient programs that deliver high rep productively in a model that allows us to scale quickly with success.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of managing & leading sales managers & full cycle sales reps. They also have:
- 8+ years of technical solutions selling experience, including 3+ years in sales leadership, & 1+ years managing sales managers
- A solid understanding of selling cloud, APIs, communications, PaaS or consumption based technology experience where customer relationships are dependent on technical performance
- Experience in defining goals & processes that drive net new business results within the SMB space
- Ability to evaluate teams, develop & reshape them as necessary while mentoring & inspiring them to drive continually improving results through strong leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners & internal cross-functional teams at all levels
- Bring data driven methodology & quantitative analytical skills, including pipeline management & forecasting
- Excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- A bachelors degree & prior work related experience or equivalent
As a Director of Growth Sales, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Our customers are often application owners, software engineering leaders, product managers, entrepreneurs, & line of business owners. You must love talking to all types of customers about building their businesses & helping them drive innovation across many different types of use cases centered around how our customers communicate with their customers.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will support your team by helping them build & progress pipeline, work across functions to execute complex deals & lead strategic prospect & customer meetings. You will conduct weekly 1:1's with each team member, provide tactical & strategic deal guidance, motivation, & career development.
- BE AN OWNER: You are customer focused, metrics driven, embrace a consultative sales philosophy, & are passionate about helping your team succeed.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Run a disciplined forecast, consistently overachieve on goals, & present guidance to executive management
- DONT SETTLE: Hire & lead an A-team of Growth AEs & Manager, Growth Accounts to deliver optimized margin & gross profit results every period
The Growth Sales team is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. With an ever growing amount of companies being created, along with companies that have been around for many years - our SMB customers are the bread & butter when it comes to companies creating a customized platform for their communication needs.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Atlanta office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.