External Reporting Analyst, New York
Who we are
DoubleVerify is a leading software platform for digital media measurement, data & analytics. DVs mission is to be the definitive source of transparency & data-driven insights into the quality & effectiveness of digital advertising for the worlds largest brands, publishers & digital ad platforms. DVs technology platform provides advertisers with consistent & unbiased data & analytics that can be used to optimize the quality & return on their digital ad investments. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital advertising ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
What youll do
DV is seeking an Analyst in the SEC Reporting group who will assist in the preparation, submission, & distribution of DoubleVerifys SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q & 8-K. In the role, the Analyst will work closely with the Manager of SEC Reporting, internal auditors, external auditors & employees across the finance function.
Working closely with the Manager of SEC Reporting as well as the Director of Technical Accounting & Reporting, this person will contribute to the financial reporting process from the initial draft of filings, through the review process & finally filing with the SEC. In addition, the person will support the Manager of External Reporting & Director of Technical Accounting & Reporting in research & implementing new accounting standards, updating & refining accounting policies & working on ad hoc finance projects.
This position will report directly to our Manager of External Reporting & have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly & annual SEC filings (i.e. financial statements, footnotes, MD&A, etc.).
- Preparation of all financial tie-outs (including financial statements, footnotes, MD&A, earnings presentation, etc.) by partnering with various functional teams.
- Assist in the preparation of comprehensive financial analytics.
- Ensure footing & cross-footing of all aspects of SEC reporting for accuracy.
- Assist in ensuring the Companys compliance with all periodic reporting requirements under SEC rules.
- Support the implementation of complex accounting standards, including ASC 842, Leases.
- Work as part of the finance team interacting with the external auditors to support a timely completion of all audit deliverables.
- Focus on continuous improvement in the reporting process.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls.
- Work on ad-hoc finance projects
- Support the closing process as needed, including, but not limited to:
- share-based compensation; and
- internally-developed software capitalization
Who you are
- Minimum 1-3 years of combined experience in a large international public accounting firm or SEC reporting role at a U.S. publicly traded company.
- Bachelors degree or higher with a major/focus in accounting.
- Quick learner & ability to apply knowledge of US GAAP.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, & Outlook).
- Strong attention to details, good organizational & oral/written communication skills.
- Effective documentation, teamwork, communication, & multi-tasking skills are required