Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
We are currently growing our Information Security team in order to protect & scale our enterprise as well as meet ongoing compliance requirements. Our team works closely with IT, Infrastructure, & Engineering, to ensure the security posture of Mission Critical Production Environments, build Security into the software development life-cycle, as well as deploy & maintain Security Tooling & processes.
About the Job:
The Cloud Security Engineer will report directly to the VP, IT, Security & Compliance & will be a driving force in setting the Security & Compliance roadmap for the Organization. You will be responsible for hands-on design, engineering, configuration & integration of Security solutions that provide confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, & non-repudiation to meet stated security & compliance objectives.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the VP of Security to understand goals & determine security & compliance requirements
- Drive the selection, POC, implementation & operational deployment of new security technology solutions to ensure the confidentiality, integrity & availability of business data
- Design & implement application, network, & data security solutions to meet business objectives, IT strategic initiatives, corporate & regulatory requirements
- Partner with engineering teams to integrate security controls into continuous integration, delivery & deployment processes
- Maintain, Improve, & Implement, Security tooling.
- Expand upon existing documentation processes, procedures, & metrics
- Cyber incidents identification & activation of incident response procedures
- Build strong relationships with RTRs cross functional teams & cultivate a culture of security awareness & ownership
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure & SRE teams to instrument our Cloud environments
- You have 5+ years of experience providing technical leadership within the security domain, including managing delivery of complex projects, mentoring, acting as a role model for other engineers & evaluating complex tradeoffs & priorities.
- You have a degree in computer science, software engineering, or cybersecurity with 3+ years of programming experience with various languages like Java, C#, Python, C++, Go, Scala.
- You have an understanding of Software Security Architecture & Design, SDLC & the ability to clearly articulate best practices for application security.
- You have experience in DevOps Methodology & automating security controls into the CI/CD process.
- You have experience with CI/CD tools & workflows.
- You have working knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes.
- You have experience in configuration & maintenance of Splunk as a SIEM.
- You have a strong knowledge of web applications security practices.
- You have professional certifications in information security management, such as a CISSP or CISM.
- You have a strong familiarity with information security frameworks (e.g. NIST, CIS, or ISO) & experience architecting solutions to meet compliance requirements (e.g. PCI-DSS, GDRP, CCPA).
- You have experience formulating a clear & actionable plan, with experience executing against it.
- You can successfully work in a fast paced, agile environment.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.