Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help the leading organizations, businesses, activists, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Project Manager at Purpose, you will work jointly with the Project Lead(s) & Project Principal(s) to successfully deliver projects to our clients while keeping Purpose accountable & disciplined internally.
You will report to the Head of Project Management, based in Purpose's New York office. Candidates who can begin immediately are strongly encouraged to apply. This role is a full time position offered at the Manager Level with a salary range of $68,000 - $85,000, commensurate with experience.
Account & Project Management - As a Project Manager, you will manage the day-to-day communication & operational aspects of our projects. Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all tactical or operational questions about the project within Purpose, & from vendors/freelancers.
- Serve as a day-to-day contact for clients in conjunction with project lead.
- Manage & schedule project meetings, both internally & with clients.
- Organize client feedback, manage feedback integration, & follow-up on changes.
- Create & maintain detailed timelines / work plans for all project deliverables & key milestones; hold delivery teams (i.e. strategy, campaigns, creative, freelancers, vendors) accountable to project plans.
- Track project budget finances & staff hours consistently & accurately based on time management system (10,000FT) within project budget tracker spreadsheets.
- Identify stakeholders & attendees for crucial recurring & ad-hoc discussions; capture meeting notes & escalate communications (as needed) between Client & Purpose teams to align on expectations, roles, goals, & solutions for roadblocks.
- Deliver project status updates to internal teams & clients jointly with the Project Lead(s).
- Support the Project Lead(s) in preparing project kickoffs, weekly client check-ins, & pause & reflect sessions to identify & capture recommendations for future execution.
- Own the coordination of Project Start / Midpoint / Close, meetings with Managing Director, VP of Finance, Project Principal & Project Lead.
- Support ad-hoc project needs, including CMS content population, CMS walkthroughs, & functional QA testing on websites.
Internal Operations - In addition to project work, you will help keep the internal operational wheels of Purpose turning by:
- Working closely with Resource & Operations Managers to confirm staffing allocations; gather critical information to inform freelancer & vendor contracts.
- Gathering & summarizing key takeaways for Project Dashboards (to share insights on projects team/client/financial health) that inform our Executive team
- Working closely with our Finance team to confirm the accuracy & schedule of invoices (client, freelancers, & vendors) in our approval management system (Nexonia).
- Working closely with the Head of Project Management to capture feedback throughout the project lifecycle & to contribute to the iteration of existing processes aimed at making project delivery more effective.
We think you will be a successful candidate if you:
- 5+ years of project management or account management experience in a fast-paced, agency environment (i.e. design services, creative agencies, or digital marketing), demonstrating a consistent ability to deliver against project plans on time & on budget.
- Ability to be diplomatic & solutions-oriented under stress; demonstrate impeccable communication skills (written/verbal) & interpersonal skills (listening/empathy)
- A keen attention to detail & budgetary restraints
- Full awareness of creative processes & techniques including digital platforms
- Excellent track record of time management, systems organization, & follow-up
- Agility & flexibility towards evolving responsibilities & last minute project changes
- A confident facilitator to coordinate discussions between multiple internal stakeholders
- Collaborative & inclusive about working with global teams that are from diverse backgrounds
- Critical thinker, have high integrity, a team player with hands-on attitude, & a passionate problem-solving spirit
- Skilled in creating & maintaining spreadsheets. Familiar with Google Suite. Comfortable building & updating decks in Google Slides..
We think you will be an exceptional candidate if you:
- have a demonstrated interest in social impact issues & advocacy
- are committed to creating a diverse, equitable & inclusive work environment
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.