Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Global Client Support Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors & merchants worldwide to develop & deliver the support model for Visa This includes day-to-day operations & product support, back office support & customer performance reporting.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying & resolving issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level & requires strong execution & analytical abilities. This role works independently & receives minimal guidance only in the most complex situations. The role will aanalyze & troubleshoot user requirements, procedures & problems to automate or improve existing systems under broadly defined practices & procedures, including working with developers in analyzing & developing process improvements for system administration & environmental build functions.
The Client Test team is part of Visa's Global Client Services group. We deliver quality services & solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, & technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of revenue-generating areas within the company. This team is dedicated to its customers & to building on past achievements. We are committed to leveraging innovative technology to enhance quality & to accelerate time-to-market. Visa has one of the most visible & most used comprehensive payment systems in the world.
The successful candidate will be part of a global team to design & develop test designs & cases for the Global Client Testing Organization. He/she will perform functional & automation testing for Visa Processing Services applications & will need detailed analytical skills & a good understanding of the test methodologies to be able to interface directly & make decisions with staff members of Global Client Testing, Product Management, Project Management, Client Implementations & Development.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or
- 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- General business knowledge of financial systems & EFT
- Knowledge in testing web technologies, services & physical devices. Understanding of Java technologies, XML, JS, CSS & HTML
- Knowledge in Microsoft .Net, Java, VB & Java script programming capability
- Expert knowledge in SQL methodologies
- Strong understanding of Agile, scrum & Quality Assurance processes & methodologies
- Experience with tools like clear quest, HP ALM, AGM, Share point, Wiki, & Clear-2-pay
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, & able to function under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills -- both verbal & written - & able to quickly learn & implement new technologies, application appropriate frameworks & tools
- Strong relationship, collaborative skills & organizational skills with a high degree of initiative & self-motivation & able to work as a member of matrix based diverse & geographically distributed project team
- Willingness & ability to learn & take on challenging opportunities
- Develop & maintain transaction & automation scripts
- Collaborate with developers & QA leads to improve testability, automation, & tools
- Analyze automation feasibility & devise the best automation approach
- Develop Proof of concept (POC)
- Develop & maintain transaction simulators & automation framework
- Creating clear testing project documentation
- Follow the standards in development to ensure compliance with Audit Requirements
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards & improve process efficiency
- Identify & troubleshoot system issues working with functional & development tools & other support teams as required
- Document software defects using bug tracking system, & report defects to software developers
- Perform network / system diagnostics & transaction research to analyze & resolve endpoint problems in both the test & production
- Work with functional & development teams to ensure on time & quality delivery
- Coordinate & collaborate with a globally distributed team
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.