Plumbing EngineerBuilding Products
This Plumbing Engineer will support in developing complete sets of documents, drawings, calculations, & variations for the plumbing scope of Katerra building products. These products shall incorporate leading edge infrastructure technology & developed to facilitate high degrees of manufacturing (i.e. prefabrication), constructability, & cost efficiency. The perfect candidate will also have strong communication skills, experience performing alternative analyses, experience working with cross-functional teams or in integrated project delivery approaches, & most importantly be driven to challenge typical approaches.
Specific duties & responsibilities
The Plumbing Engineer will be a member of Katerras Building Product Engineering team. His/her responsibility will include, but is not limited to:
- Support front end loading for plumbing engineering on building products.
- Engineer plumbing systems including preliminary water, gray water, solar heating, sanitary/sewer, & rainwater harvesting.
- Perform lifecycle cost analyses & energy analyses associated with plumbing
- Develop plumbing floor plans & elevations for internal & external spaces.
- Develop device/system specifications & Basis of Design documentation.
- Oversee, review, or participate in detailing, BIM modeling, & high LOD plumbing design.
- Partial/support development & review of Fire sprinkler system designs & potentially mechanical system/storage designs.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, architecture, etc. to develop high quality building products.
Required skills & experience
- Bachelors Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- 3+ year of experience reviewing submittal packages for mechanical, plumbing installations.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineer or lead designer on commercial buildings, residential or mixed-used US-based construction projects.
- 1+ years performing value engineering for mechanical or plumbing construction projects.
- Advanced knowledge & active experience in all the following tools: AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit, Bluebeam, & Microsoft Office suite.
- Working knowledge of the International Plumbing Code (IPC), the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC)
Additional desired skills & experience
- 2+ years of experience performing cost/time estimating or project management for mechanical or plumbing construction projects.
- 1+ years of experience as the main point of contact for the plumbing discipline in integrated project delivery (IPD) projects.