Hi, we're Oscar. As you may have heard, we are launching a new business line in partnership with Cigna - you can read about it here & here. Were hiring a Project Manager to support Strategic Partnerships in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
You will report into the SVP, Cigna + Oscar Business but work very closely with the Cigna + Oscar Launch & Expansion & Operations Leads & important partners across the business.
About the role:
Weve just announced a strategic partnership with Cigna to jointly provide commercial health insurance to small businesses in select markets. The two companies will begin offering the product under the Cigna + Oscar brand in late 2020. The new offering will bring together the depth of Cignas experience & provider relationships with Oscars high-touch, consumer-facing approach to customer service & care navigation. Were committed to giving small business owners in these markets an affordable option that helps them & their employees save money & see the doctors they know & trust. Cigna + Oscar will make it easier for their employees to get appropriate care quickly & stay healthy.
You will manage the Cigna + Oscar project to meet our launch dates in all markets in 2020.
- Provide program leadership on critical cross-functional efforts for Cigna + Oscar implementation, as well as launch & track overall progress on implementation plan
- Build relationships with important partners at Oscar & Cigna
- Write & present analyses/recommendations that influence/persuade clients, including difficult audiences, to achieve desired outcomes
- Support better decisions to promote impactful outcomes
- Lead resolution efforts to include management of risk, contingencies, & issue resolution
- Aggregate, evaluate & track Cigna + Oscar team vitals & Indicators
- Complete research & organize information into presentations, executive summaries & action plans
- Lead & guide meetings with management & partners to plan & execute projects ensuring business goals are achieved
- Create department budget & monitor ongoing usage for all subdivisions
- Oversee employee lifecycle within department (managing headcount planning, reviewing new hire on-boarding plans, intern allocation & oversight, running annual performance evaluation logistics, creating Glint synthesis)
- Provide leverage by ranking priorities & creating decision-making frameworks & allocating critical tasks
- You have Bachelors Degree or higher
- You have 5+ years of work experience in operational roles or project management roles at renowned organizations
- You have experience in & enjoy managing large projects
- You have the ability to critically analyze processes in a push toward constant improvement
- You are able to lead discussions & coordinate goals among a diversified group of partners
- You like building relationships with all partners
- You have passion for healthcare & experience making processes more systematic
- Experience working in health insurance
- Experience working specifically in the Small Group segment in health insurance
- Experience in a tech/start-up environment
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.