Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
The Foundations team at CarGurus is looking for a skilled Principal Software Engineer to help us improve overall engineering performance through architectural improvements, engineering tooling, & developing core frameworks. These projects are complex & challenging & provide the opportunity to work with sophisticated tools & technologies.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to learn & adapt quickly & collaborate with other engineers to deliver solutions. Potential project opportunities: creating new micro-services, improving backend/UI performance, re-architecting core components & building developer tools. You will own your projects & collaborate with fellow engineers & product partners as you solve interesting problems with a global impact. And no, you do not need to know about cars to work here.
What you will do:
- Provide technical & architectural leadership
- Collaborate with engineers & managers across the organization to understand & solve technical challenges
- Document requirements & design for different audiences
- Lead teams of fellow engineers including mentorship of new teammates
- Continuously learn & expand your capabilities
Who You Are:
- Experience architecting performant large scale web applications & knowledge of modern technologies that enable them.
- Expert in OOD & strong background in Java
- Leader in full-stack performance, data modeling/management, & web tier technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Curious & plays well with others
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI, Dublin, IE, & London, UK. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Individuals seeking employment at CarGurus are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.