We are hiring an IT Enterprise Platforms Engineer with at least 3 years of experience in an IT engineering environment. You will play a key role for BuzzFeeds IT team, which enables employees worldwide to produce content securely wherever they are. As part of the Enterprise Platforms & Security team, you will report to the Enterprise Platforms Team Lead, & youll maintain IT infrastructure, internal platforms, & security across the company. The BuzzFeed environment relies on web-based services, & our infrastructure is quite unique; you will have the opportunity to work with new & interesting technologies.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who understands IT enterprise systems & how they are connected. You care about quality & you know what it means to ship high-quality code & detailed documentation, & you will provide the team with both the knowledge & skills to support & grow existing capabilities. This will involve many challenges & continual improvements in a growing environment.
We are an evolving, result oriented, & motivated global IT organization with ownership over a portfolio that provides direct value to people across many teams. This role offers a rare opportunity to join us in bringing modern solutions to the media space.
- Architect, design, develop & deploy Python microservices that serve millions of readers in a DevOps manner.
- Deploy infrastructure while using an infrastructure as code mentality - Terraform/Ansible.
- Design, code, test, & document systems & services to automate solutions within your teams domain.
- Move & sync data between SaaS & identity apps by building integrations & using existing APIs (provisioning/deprovisioning).
- Be a technical leader & a valued contributor in a dynamic, autonomous, & diverse agile team.
- Collaborate with motivated teams & engineers throughout the company to accomplish common goals.
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days & bi-annual hack weeks.
- Mastered multiple programming languages, such as Python, Java, & Bash, at a level where you can not only code & troubleshoot, but also design reliable & scalable solutions.
- A sense of being comfortable with git, GitHub, & version control.
- Familiarity with AWS - EC2, S3, IAM, VPCs, Route 53.
- Used Docker/containerization at scale & are familiar with architecting & deploying microservices.
- Worked with automation & building continuous integration pipelines, using CI/CD systems such as Jenkins.
- Worked LDAP, AD, SSO solutions, & understand the importance of Identity Access Management strategy for the enterprise.
- A passion for technology & a constant desire to learn.
- A love for working in an environment where you constantly experiment & iterate quickly.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.