Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
As the Director of Sales Marketing, you will be the gatekeeper of the overall go-to market strategy. Across our products & networks, youll ensure narratives effectively value props & map back to overall company messaging. You will act as a link into our client categories & develop bespoke marketing materials for our unique client needs. We will ask you to innovate client engagement strategies across all channels (IRL, emails, podcasts, video!). Youll integrate within a cross-functional group to mine our data for compelling audience & product stories.
An ideal candidate will have prior experience managing B2B or integrated marketing at a large company. You are a creative leader with a deep understanding of connecting marketing strategies to business objectives. For you, sales marketing isnt just about collateral but digging to finding ways to strategically & creative communicate value props to clients. This job description bothers you because there is too much jargon. You have an eye for detail & a level of taste your coworkers envy. You thrive in a startup environment & believe in the power of innovation & iteration.
This role is NY-based & reports to the Executive Director of Marketing. There may be occasional travel to our regional offices.
What youll do:
- Distill complex solutions into compelling narratives positioning, value propositions, & category-based stories around new & existing products & lines of business
- Establish the go-to-market strategy & associated roadmaps for the Vox Media products, networks, & offerings & communicate that vision & strategy across the organization
- Develop clear, yet innovative marketing materials around new & existing products
- Work across the company to ensure our go-to-market rollouts align with global company announcements, strategies & calendar & advise on adjustments
- Work with key analytic talent across the company to mine our data for key stories to tell
- Help guide communication plans for key revenue needs & ensure they map back to GTM strategies & messaging
- Build & manage materials critical to the sales organization, including pitch materials, category reports, one-sheets, media kit, product updates, competitive insights, sizzle reels along with the tools to manage & track content effectiveness
- Act as a key partner to the Director of Training & Enablement to ensure training materials map back to messaging & value props
- Manage client engagement across channels (IRL, newsletters, industry events)
- Act as point person for the creation of case studies for campaigns & products across LOBs & look to socialize them externally & internally
- Track regional & category revenue insights, ensuring teams are supported with appropriate materials that address specific market needs & strategies
- Manage a team of direct & indirect reports
- Draft & release client communication on behalf of sales
- Build & nurture a small team of marketers & strategists
What youll bring:
- Familiarity with at least one of our Networks & alignment with Vox Medias values
- 5+ years of experience managing B2B or integrated marketing
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, & leadership skills
- Digital media industry experience
- Ability to multitask, prioritize & organize work to meet deadlines & multiple requests, work effectively under pressure & within tight timelines
- Familiarity with sales organizations & media terms
- A sense of humor
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.