Squarespaces Event Pipeline team is responsible for writing & maintaining software that ensures end-to-end delivery of reliable, timely user journey event data, spanning customer segments & products. These events are instrumented & depended on by product managers, engineers, analysts, data scientists & executives across Squarespace.
In this role, youll be part of a small team working to improve data collection & quality, & enhance representation of user journeys across Squarespace products by working with other teams to ensure accurate modeling & implementation of events & ingestion of the data.
- Build & maintain our event pipelines, schema registries, & integrations with our data exploration tools
- Contribute to a technical roadmap for event ingestion & usage, & set priorities for work across the team
- Build & refine processes to make event implementations faster, simpler, & less error-prone for product engineers
- Participate in architectural decisions across the organization, particularly with respect to the impact on data collection
- Help the team meet uptime goals for our event pipeline services & maintain sufficient monitoring & coverage to ensure that incidents & outages are mitigated appropriately
- Experience with building & maintaining data services with high uptime requirements
- Experience building software in Java, Python, Go or a related language
- Strong systems design knowledge. You know how to architect data pipelines & how storage & compute fits together.
- Prior experience making large datasets accessible. Familiarity with Hive, Presto & Parquet is a plus.
- Knowledgeable about compute frameworks & job orchestration systems. Specific experience with Spark, Kafka streams, Dataflow, Airflow or related systems is a plus.
- Experience with Avro a plus
- 2+ years of industry experience
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.