Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games & media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The companys platform empowers mobile game developers & players with access to fun & fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the worlds 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies & CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups & Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017 Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, & professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, & a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, & Sacramento Kings.
Who we're looking for:
You are a highly-organized, enthusiastic Program Manager with exceptional communication skills & a demonstrable talent for program management. The act of planning excites you; organization & efficiency make you squeal with glee. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, always follows-up, & enjoys working within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The Director of Program Management will be responsible for creating & modifying processes & providing oversight for multiple complex cross-functional initiatives across the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Own the organizational, operating, & execution strategy for Program Management within the Operations Org
- Gather metrics to ensure initiatives & goals meet or exceed business goals
- Hire, mentor, & manage a team of top-notch Program & Project managers
- Manage programs of fast-moving project in a complex hyper growth environment to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Own communications with key stakeholders to easily & transparently surface issues & decisions
- Ensure accurate & timely reporting of program & project status
- Allocate & prioritize company resources as they pertain to individual programs & departments
- Collaborate with PMO leaders to build standard processes & best practices across the organization
- 10+ years of work experience in program or project management in technology companies
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Experience working with operations focused teams including but not limited to Business Operations, People Operations, Finance & Comms
- Deep knowledge of project, program, & portfolio management in dynamic environments
- Ability to prioritize, organize, & execute within a high-pressure environment
- Adaptable to changing requirements & business needs
- Capable of juggling multiple programs simultaneously while motivating, encouraging, & ensuring cooperation among team members
- Four year degree (or a great reason why you don't have one)
- Exceptional written, verbal, & interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience with Gantt charts, MS Project, or other project management tools