Based in London & working in the Data Engineering team, youll be helping us build out our data warehouse & analytics platform. We have users sending money from 50 countries to over 150 countries & were expanding. The work is varied, from creating new products & features to improving existing functionality, we strive to build a better customer experience & a better codebase. This is real growth at a pace.
We use a modern cloud-based stack AWS S3 & Redshift primarily with Python used as the ETL language. We also make use of Airflow & Docker for scheduling & deployment.
- Writing great code. We understand code is read more than its written, better off tested & maintainability is a must.
- Helping shape what we build. Youll be working closely with product owners, designers & other engineers to design & refine our work. We work as a team & your input is key.
- Owning delivery. Were obsessed with shipping value; youll own work beyond just a pull request. Youll care about bugs, scalability, uptime & other non-functional requirements.
- Growing together. Youll review others work & happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase & sharpen each other's skills.
What we are looking for:
- A skilled Data Warehouse Architect: 5+ years of dimensional modelling & delivering Kimball star schemas
- Redshift Guru: Youve worked extensively with AWS Redshift & know not only how to implement a warehouse on it, but how to monitor & tune it as well. You have worked with the AWS toolset, including S3, Cloud Formation, AWS Batch & VPC
- An ETL Expert: You will be completely comfortable designing ETL pipelines & implementing them using a combination of Python, SQL, Docker & Airflow.
- Solid SQL experience. You can write complex SQL for both reporting & ETL purposes
- Big-data experience. You have some knowledge of big data related tools & techniques (data lakes, distributed processing platforms, streaming technologies).
- Well-principled. Especially in the craft of Software Engineering you will understand deeply: modularity, testability, extensibility, scalability & other ilities.
Who we are:
Were changing the way people send money abroad. Were taking something complicated & making it simple. Our people & our technology work together to create faster, easier & lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 145 countries around the world & have over 3 million happy customers a number thats growing every day. After all, 120,000 5 reviews cant be wrong!
We believe in helping our customers hard work go further. Weve helped millions of children to go to school, helped thousands of people to receive medical treatment and, every week, we help tens of thousands of people to pay their bills. But most importantly, we do it all with the creativity, imagination & colourful spirit of our customers.
The work were doing is making a splash in the fintech industry too. Accel Partners & Technology Crossover Ventures have invested $140 million in us & as early backers of the likes of Facebook, Spotify & Netflix, we know were in good company! Not only that, but were also a member of TechCity UKs prestigious FutureFifty.
Changing the world isnt easy, but were hoping to find the right people to join us on our way. If you think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems & have the drive to make things happen, you might just be what were looking for.