Squarespace is looking for a Business Development professional who is passionate about the power of Squarespace's platform & products to help customers build their brand & their business. You will focus on product partnerships & growing the relationships with companies with which we integrate. In addition to our product teams, we work with engineering, design, legal, marketing & operations teams to drive product & business growth.
This role is based in New York & reports directly to our Manager, Business Development.
- Identify strategic product partnerships & work on these opportunities
- Develop operational revenue models for integrations to expand Squarespaces reach & business growth
- Maintain direct & active relationships with partners, including proactively resolving business & technical issues & serving as an internal advocate
- Communicate market opportunities, needs & partner feedback to teams to inform product roadmap & prioritization
- Collaborate with design, product, engineering, legal, finance, marketing, & PR to launch new product partnerships
- Track & communicate partner metrics, industry trends & the impact of these partnerships on business goals
- Develop business proposals, structure projections & KPIs, & negotiate term sheets / contracts
- Manage partnership pipeline & activities, develop rationale for identified opportunities, & validate of deal rationale & viability
- Represent Squarespace in external meetings with senior executives from other companies
- 2 or more years professional experience relating to partnerships, business development, strategy, or product management
- Strong product sense, & comfort with considering basic technical feasibility of partner integrations
- Experience developing first-of-kind deals which are creative & align business incentives with great user experiences
- Experience scaling partnership programs toward a self-service model
- A passion & curiosity for new creative tool products & their potential for transforming industries
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead & handle multiple time-sensitive initiatives without sacrificing attention to detail
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.