Strategic Account Manager (Partner Sales)
at Gusto (View all jobs)
Our Partner Sales team is growing & we are excited to hire the next members of our Partner Sales Team in Denver. Were seeking an experienced sales professional with a track record of success in achieving new business & growing a current book of business. The ideal candidate will be driven, organized & display a natural ability to build rapport & trust. Were looking for that perfect blend of sales drive coupled with a customer-service mentality that will help us create loyal, happy partners.
Gusto partners with Accountants whose customers are small business owners. You will work with larger firms to onboard their entire book of business. Its your job to understand their needs & the needs of their clients in order to properly convey Gustos value proposition. Youll manage the ongoing relationship with each accounting firm while continuing to work to add new accountants & locations to your growing book of business.
Heres what youll do:
- Focus on the year of year growth of Gustos relationships with strategic accounts including national accounts, top Gold Partner firms, & emerging advisory firms.
- Build strong, long-lasting relationships with multiple stakeholders in each firm
- Listen carefully to understand customer needs & communicate Gustos value proposition to each business unit with the firm
- Own the reseller relationship, helping them ramp additional clients & keeping them up to date on new product developments & best practices to get the most out of the Gusto platform
- Coordinate with cross-functional peers in finance, customer onboarding, marketing, risk, & customer experience to meet the needs of your customers
- Develop & deliver joint business plans
- Penetrate the reseller account by convincing additional accountants & office locations to join, influencing additional SMB adds & product adoption
- Construct, forecast & manage your sales pipeline to meet company goals
- Deliver comprehensive product demos & answer technical inquiries
- Sell & execute strategic sales & marketing programs with top firms to grow their business
- Contribute accurate records & notes to a team-wide CRM
Heres what were looking for:
- 3-5 years of B2B sales experience (SaaS, payroll, HRtech, & industry related experience selling directly to accountants is a bonus)
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience developing co-marketing / co-selling strategies with partnerships
- Experience closing multi-stakeholder, long term, customer contracts & deals
- Spend ~20% of your time traveling between Gusto HQs & to your accountant partners
- Technically proficient & experienced with web technologies (able to present pros/cons, use cases/examples, trends, & all that good stuff)
- Proficient with Salesforce
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, tenacious, & a top-performer with a track record of consistently exceeding quota
- Hunter & gatherer mentality. The ability to prospect for new business while nurturing & growing existing relationships
- A consummate team player who enjoys wearing multiple hats & inspiring everyone around you to do great work
- A builder who is excited to help shape the foundation for Partner Sales team in Denver office
- Amplify & grow relationships with existing accounting firms
- Identify cross-sell opportunities with each interaction
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial & personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gustos compensation philosophy & benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $135,000 OTE per year to $155,00 per year in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience & expertise, & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.